Asus ZenPad Z10 - How do I move the apps to the SD card?
Bomber6989

I just replaced my LG G 8.3 tablet with a Asus ZenPad Z10. On the LG I was able to move some apps from the device storage to the SD card.

How do I do that on the ZenPad/

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Asus ZenPad Z10 - How do I move the apps to the SD card?
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Does the Asus have the ability to format the SD card as adaptable storage? If not, you won't be able to move an applications to the SD card.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Bomber6989,

Help has arrived! We know how important it is to manage your apps on your device. Here is a helpful link http://vz.to/2kmXaEc to explain the steps to move the apps to the SD card. There may be some apps that won’t move to the SD card based on the app permissions.

AliciaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Bomber6989

The link isn't really helpful. It only explains how to move files to the sd

card, which I already know how to do.

My old LG tablet & my Samsung GS4 have the capability, using the

application manager, to move the app itself to the sd card & actually run

it from there. Moving to the sd card still left some of the app on internal

storage (the total storage for an app would increase, but most of it was on

the sd card) I don't see this on the Asus tablet.

Would an app still run if the files for the app were moved? And which files

are for which apps?

On Wed, Feb 8, 2017 at 12:18 PM, vzw_customer_support <

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

How the software is written is going to dictate whether or not the SD card can have applications installed on it. The old Android OS allowed it for a time until Google removed that option. They later added the option back again, but only after changing how the SD card is viewed by the OS. When SD card is viewed as external storage, the applications can't be installed on the SD card. However if you can change the format of the SD card to read as adaptable storage then the OS considers the SD card as part of the internal memory space which does allow the applications to be installed on the SD card.

The LG tablet and Samsung Galaxy S4 used the old method of allowing applications to be installed on the SD card. The newer devices don't allow that method.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes