Backup text messages missing from cloud.
Fresh101

Went to rhe cloud app to restore previously saved text messages and all the messages were gone.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Backup text messages missing from cloud.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Fresh101,

We understand that those text messages are important. Let’s work together to restore those messages. Do get an error message when restoring from the cloud? Does it give you a total or time to restore?

JenelleR_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Fresh101

They simply aren't there anymore. I had several thousand messages backed up on the cloud. Now there is only one message. I hadn't deleted them. They simply disappeared. 

Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone

0 Likes
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

Were you using the Messages+ application? That will only restore the last 90 days of messages. Also, have you checked the trash? Are you 100% positive that the Verizon Cloud app was set to backup messages (automatically) on the original device?

0 Likes
Fresh101

No, I went directly to the cloud. Yes , I've actually restored messages from the the cloud recently with no problem. So I know the messages were there. Yes, i check the trash been. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We don't want you missing any of your messages Fresh101. Let's see what we can find here. Did you recently switch phones? From the Cloud app on your phone, when you go to Menu>Tools>Content Restore>is this where it is showing 0 saved messages?

NicoleB_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Fresh101

Yes and yes.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Fresh101-

We haven't given up hope yet. Let's dig a little bit deeper. When you log onto you My Verizon account to view your Cloud, is it showing 0 messages as well? What make/model phone did you have previously and what is the new phone that you are currently using?

AmberK_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Fresh101

Yes, Galaxy S6 to S7

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Fresh101,

Thanks for that information. Give this link a try to get  your messages back. I'm hoping it does the trick for you! http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-79208/

ChristinaB_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes