Been hacked by x can't make calls or don't know why these numbers saying I've called them ithink he addeded a line
Woo3
0 Likes
Re: Been hacked by x can't make calls or don't know why these numbers saying I've called them ithink he addeded a line
jav6
Champion - Level 3

Sounds like your number has been 'spoofed'.  If someone calls you saying why did you call (when you did not), just tell them 'sorry, somebody or something probably has spoofed my number'.  Any other reason you think your account/phone has been hacked?

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
0 Likes
Re: Been hacked by x can't make calls or don't know why these numbers saying I've called....
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello Woo3, we're concerned to learn that you've been hacked and you're not able to make calls, and we'd love to help. Why do you mention that you've been hacked? Exactly what happens when you try to make a call? 

When people are receiving calls from your number but you haven't called them, you are describing was is called caller id spoofing. Spoofing is not caused by an error in the network, your phone, or hacking. Spoofing usually happens when the calling party uses a paid service which allows the calling party to change the message sent as Caller ID. The FCC has gotten involved with this issue. I have included a link that will provide more information to help with this issue. I hope this is beneficial. bit.ly/2hGG9qV. 

UbaldoJ_VZW

0 Likes