Blank text from my OWN phone number
LMitchell84

I just received a blank text message from "ME"?  How is this possible?

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Blank text from my OWN phone number
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Awesome question. I've done this before. If you send a message to yourself it will show up in your history.

JoeL_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
LMitchell84

Thanks for the reply, Joel.

I actually didn't send anything to myself, though, until after I received

the mystery message. I'm attaching a pic to show what I mean. My messages

show what I sent and what I received. In this case it doesn't show that I

actually sent anything the first time

On Mar 30, 2017 2:55 PM, "vzw_customer_support" <forums@verizonwireless.com>

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Your attachment didn't come through. You need to sign into the community forum and navigate to this thread and reply directly in order to add the image to the thread. Also blank out any personal information before posting it to this public forum.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
LMitchell84

Thanks, Ann. It doesn't look like I have an option to add an attachment when logged in, though.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for communicating with us LMitchell84. I did want to clarify a few things. When did this happen? What type of phone do you have?

JoelD_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
LMitchell84

I received the message Tuesday (3/28) around 2:37 PM Pacific time. I have the HTC One M9.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Getting a blank message from yourself can be a concern. Let's review this more. Has there been any recent updates on your device?

JasperM_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
LMitchell84

Can you be more specific? My apps update regularly, but I am not aware of any software updates recently.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want to make sure you are able to use your phone normally. Has there been any recent updates on your device like your system software or applications? Please check to make sure everything is up to date?  JasperM_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes