Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15 Plus. Newphoria. Get it on us with select Unlimited plans. New line req'd. No trade-in req'd. Online only. Ends 3.31. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
Bluetooth Connection
FREMAY28

Since latest Software update on my LG G5 (2DA on 25Jan18), Bluetooth keeps dropping out and reconnecting to my Chevy Colorado.

Labels (2)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: Bluetooth Connection
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Oh no! I'm sure that is annoying, FREMAY28. But I'm confident we'll be able to get your G5 and your Colorado's Bluetooth connection to stabilize. Can you tell me more about what happens on the phone or in the vehicle when it drops out? Do you notice it happen when you're on a particular call or at a certain point during each call? If connect your G5 to any other Bluetooth devices, do you notice the same issue?

JenniferH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Keeping your LG G5 connected to your Silverado is a must, FREMAY28. That is indeed strange to hear that this started after a recent software update. Let’s work together and figure this out.  What happens if you forget the Bluetooth connection and establish it once again with your vehicle? Do any other devices have the same trouble when connected to your vehicle? Does this behavior continue in safe mode? Here’s how to restart in safe mode: https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-204131/

JosephE_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
FREMAY28

On startup, both units connect. Within seconds Truck shows G5 has disconnected. At the same time, Phone shows msg . Bluetooth App has shut down.

They then go on to Connect, and Disconnect, every 30 to 60 seconds.  If I am lucky enough to initiate a call while they are Connected, call may stay connected for 20 to 30 seconds before Bluetooth App drops out.

This started the day after updating phone to latest software. LG G5 (2DA on 25Jan18). Geeks at local VZ store say it must be that the software in the truck needs to be updated. I have on older bluetooth Hands free earpiece, that also drops out after several seconds, and get same msg on the phone.

0 Likes
FREMAY28

Problem Solved!

Under Profiles for this paired device, Updated software 'default' set both "Call Audio" and "Media Audio" to the "ON" mode. Turning the "Media Audio" to the off position, seems to have cured the problem.

Bluetooth is now stable, and does not drop out or shut down.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

FREMAY28, we are happy to hear you found a resolution and that your Bluetooth is now working. If there is ever anything else we can assist you with, please feel free to let us know.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want to make sure that you are able to use the Bluetooth feature on your device. Have you reached out to the car dealer about the update? How old is the earpiece that you are trying to connect to? Have you updated the software on all of your applications after you updated the LG software?

0 Likes