Bluetooth and Wi-fi issues after G3 update to Lollipop
raventjk
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am having issues with choppy streaming bluetooth audio and no wi-fi connection on certain hotspots after updating OTA on my LG G3.  I had absolutely NO issues prior to updating.  I have read in a few other forums that this is an android runtime error with the Lollipop version, and it is fixed in a European update (v20h), but not in the US version yet.  Anybody else having this issue?

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Bluetooth and Wi-fi issues after G3 update to Lollipop
Snn5
Legend

It will still eventually auto-update.  Take this replacement and charge to 100% before you even do anything else.  Activate it and then wipe it to factory defaults.  THEN take the update while charging at 100%.  Then, yeah...factory wipe it again and then set it up.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
johndoe8
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am having the same issues with bluetooth streaming. I have also found the information regarding the newer update. Im hoping Verizon is onto this. I got a bluetooth stereo in car for the reason to wirelessly stream music and now i cant do that without getting urge to throw my phone out the window

0 Likes
V10Ace

I have the same problem. The one thing I use my phone for most of the day no longer works - bluetooth audio streaming. It begins to stutter roughly 30 seconds after initially playing and it's impossible to listen to music. We wait til last in line to get the Lollipop update just to deal with this crap.

0 Likes
digitalcj
Enthusiast - Level 2

My LG G3 was updated today to Lollipop 5.0.1 and also having bluetooth connectivity issues. I had the same experience with a droid phone a year ago with a Kit Kat upgrade. Verizon/Google did nothing to help resolve the issue. Now I am paying monthly for an upgraded phone and now have the same issue with this update. I would like to file a class action lawsuit. Tired of having expensive products not function as they are supposed to.

DipenP7
Enthusiast - Level 1

I also updated to Lollipop 5.0.1 this morning and have the same issue of Bluetooth being choppy. I'm not sure what to do here.

bbernier
Enthusiast - Level 1

Why would they even release a buggy version? The original version was perfect, now I have a broken phone....

0 Likes
digitalcj
Enthusiast - Level 2

Update:  After spending nearly two hours on the phone with Verizon tech support; I was able to convince them I truly was having Bluetooth connectivity issues. Tried all the options: Factory reset, settings reset, powering on in Safe Mode. None of this worked and in fact made things worse. I will be getting a new phone replacement at 0 costs in the mail tomorrow. Lets hope the replacement does the trick and NO MORE SYSTEM UPDATES please.  Seriously thinking this will be my last Android phone.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

It will still eventually auto-update.  Take this replacement and charge to 100% before you even do anything else.  Activate it and then wipe it to factory defaults.  THEN take the update while charging at 100%.  Then, yeah...factory wipe it again and then set it up.

0 Likes
digitalcj
Enthusiast - Level 2

That's crazy the steps you have to take. Just wish the phone would not auto-update. May I ask, how you came to recommend these actions?  I'm afraid taking the update will mess up the blue tooth functionality. Maybe I'll get lucky and the replacement phone will have lollipop already installed and have working blue tooth .. I doubt it. One can only wish.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

I came to these steps through experience.  I have found success in doing so.

0 Likes