Caller Name ID Options
hwiegand
Enthusiast - Level 3

I would like to get Caller Name ID, but I don't want to pay a monthly fee of $2.99 .I went on The Play Store which offered a lot of free apps, but most of them have ads. I downloaded one app and uninstalled within 30 minutes. There were so many ads it made me dizzy. Many of the apps did not have good ratings either. How do I find a reliable app with no adds. I feel Caller Name ID is very necessary.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Caller Name ID Options
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

hwiegand Sorry to learn you are not having luck with finding a dependable app. This is why we offer the caller ID. We understand you don't want to pay for it so it will be a matter of trial and error until you find the right one.

DeloresK_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Re: Caller Name ID Options
dexman
Community Leader
Community Leader

I'm not entirely clear how Caller ID apps from Google Play can provide full Caller ID to a smartphone.

Verizon Wireless normally sends just the originating telephone number. The called party's phone scans the contact list for a match. If a match is found the name appears along with the telephone number. Otherwise the phone number along with the name of the city & state is displayed.

If a subscriber pays for full Caller ID, Verizon Wireless queries the LIDB and passes along the found name associated with the caller's telephone number.

I would say that the most reliable way to get full Caller ID would be to go with the $2.99 option. I don't know if pop-up blocking "extensions" would be able to keep ads at bay. It may all boil down to the old saying that there is no such thing as a free lunch.

0 Likes