Can I get data off of my SD card after a device crash?
_2_Shank
Enthusiast - Level 2

I recorded a video (60 seconds) & took 7 photos at work (I show my customers my photo info so they can see date/time stamp and location of photo so they know it is not someone else's system) as I have done multiple times daily, then 5 minutes later I am in customers house discussing his issues with his system and pull my phone out of my pocket and the Samsung logo is on the screen as it does when the phone is powered up, then the welcome screen displays and asks for my Samsung account info!

After I put my account info in it takes me to setup, like a brand new phone! Gives me options to set up as a new phone or restore from saved backups....WHAT!?!?!?!

I cannot retrieve the photos or video I have taken since backup but worse than that my 64 gig SD card that I had 5 gigs of photos, documents & apps on is missing and must have been corrupted through this reboot because in app "my files" it shows SD card has 59 Gigs available out of 59 Gigs (not 59 of 64)

Now what???

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Ultimate Crash
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

If you have data on the SD Card, insert the card into your PC before doing anything more with the card, and give the tool PhotoRec a try: http://www.cgsecurity.org/wiki/PhotoRec

The tool won't work on the phone's internal storage, but it *should* help to save your SD Card's data if the card was just simply formatted.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Pappap

The same thing happened to me this past weekend. When I went to the Verizon store today, I was told my pictures, contacts, text messages  etc, was just gone and there was nothing to be done about it. I find the answer I received hard to believe. I hope you get some helpful responses. I'll be watching for info to help me recover my lost data.

0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

If you have data on the SD Card, insert the card into your PC before doing anything more with the card, and give the tool PhotoRec a try: http://www.cgsecurity.org/wiki/PhotoRec

The tool won't work on the phone's internal storage, but it *should* help to save your SD Card's data if the card was just simply formatted.

0 Likes