Can I upgrade a Motorola Droid's operating system
5150Jim

I won't go into to much detail but my wife has not had much luck with her phones since we got them back in July 2015. And we have a 2 contract & she just did an Android update (which LG knew crashed peoples phones) & hers crashed. Now we could have got it replaced but she just dropped it & broke the display about a month or 2 ago so they won't replace it. I got on Amazon & just got her a cheap refurbished Motorola Droid but it's only version 2.2 & won't run some of her apps that she likes. So is there a way to upgrade to at least verison 4.4?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Can I upgrade a Motorola Droid's operating system
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Depends on the phone; which phone does she have?

0 Likes
5150Jim

Sorry Motorola Droid X2  with Android version 2.3.5

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Nope. It likely running the highest version of the OS for that phone.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

5150Jim, we want your wife happy again. I can only imagine how upsetting it was to learn that she couldn't get her phone replaced due to the cracked display. Does she have insurance or an upgrade available?

We have a great resource here (http://vz.to/1PWRcRR) that will tell you the latest version of the devices on our network. The Motoroal Droid X2 currently runs http://vz.to/2loUZ3g

KatrinaN_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3

There are repair places that will fix the screen, sometimes for less that the deductible on an insurance replacement.

0 Likes