Can't turn WIFI on
dalmand

Wifi was working a couple of hours ago on Samsung Galaxy S5.  Deleted and reinstalled some apps.  Now Wifi is not on and when I go to settings to turn it on, it stays on "off".  In the dropdown menu all options are grayed out except Advanced And Help.  Can not even get a list of networks.  I rebooted router, but it is working fine.  Bluetooth is off (I don't use it)  How do I fix this?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Can't turn WIFI on
GalaxyClass
Master - Level 1

Start phone in safe mode to see if your Wi-Fi is working normal. If not shut down or delete these same apps one at a time as that was when your problem started. One or more of your apps could be the cause of your lost Wi-Fi signal.

To run Safe Mode:

1. With the device powered on, press and hold the Power button (located on the right edge) until the Phone options prompt appears then release.
  2. Select and hold Power off until the Reboot to Safe Mode prompt appears then release.
  3. Tap Restart.
      The restart process may take up to 45 seconds to complete.
      Upon restart, Safe mode appears in the lower-left of the unlock/home screen.

With Safe Mode enabled, test device and app functionality. If the previous issue fails to occur, the cause has been isolated to a third-party app and all recently installed or updated apps should be uninstalled. Restart the device to disable Safe Mode, reinstall then test each app, one at a time, to identify which is causing the problem.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
GalaxyClass
Master - Level 1

Start phone in safe mode to see if your Wi-Fi is working normal. If not shut down or delete these same apps one at a time as that was when your problem started. One or more of your apps could be the cause of your lost Wi-Fi signal.

To run Safe Mode:

1. With the device powered on, press and hold the Power button (located on the right edge) until the Phone options prompt appears then release.
  2. Select and hold Power off until the Reboot to Safe Mode prompt appears then release.
  3. Tap Restart.
      The restart process may take up to 45 seconds to complete.
      Upon restart, Safe mode appears in the lower-left of the unlock/home screen.

With Safe Mode enabled, test device and app functionality. If the previous issue fails to occur, the cause has been isolated to a third-party app and all recently installed or updated apps should be uninstalled. Restart the device to disable Safe Mode, reinstall then test each app, one at a time, to identify which is causing the problem.

0 Likes
mmbartos50

OK I entered Safe Mode and the WiFi still does not work.  I tried everything two reps told me to do...the obvious things that I already did prior to calling and sitting on hold and being sent on to another person.  Did the all the resets except for the last one which would take my phone back to factory settings.

Tried putting it into airplane mode on off and then bluetooth on off (which by the way both work fine...just on a trip in plane too and worked there in airplane mode or on 4G on my data before flight but no wifi connection there either.  My bluetooth pics up fine in my VW car automatically...no issue there.  My Wifi here is fine for my tablet, and all devices work for other family members on house Wifi.  I cannot connect on Wifi anywhere..just grayed out and if you turn on it automatically turns off.)

Any help is greatly appreciated.  Samsung S10+ works great otherwise.

Anyone else have this issue?  How do I solve?  Thank you.

0 Likes
KH-OrnEsh
Moderator Emeritus

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes