Change Phone Number
Bailey2010
Enthusiast - Level 1

DO NOT CHANGE your NUMBER unless you want to get [removed]!  What a [removed]!   Changed my mobile phone number via Verizon phone connection at 0630 this morning.  Told to power off 2x, then a 3rd time, wait 2 minutes, then restart. Number will be changed. Oh yeah number was changed but phone did not work. Called Verizon and with CS we went through the same steps 5X and 45 minutes later, nothing. STold to go to a store.  Tried CHAT and again went through same process, over and over, then told the only remedy was a factory reset, thus losing all info unless I had backed up.  Went to Verizon store and for 2 hours he tried, replacing SIM card, even calling the 'experts' at Verizon.  Nope, no working phone. So factory reset was only option. Backed up all data and then was told a change in number and factory reset could take up to 24 hours.  Said NOWHERE was this told to me or written on the Verizon page.  Usually, according to rep, new number switches once you go through the Power off and on process.  So now I am without a phone and must wait 24 hours to see if the phone resets.  Told to come back tomorrow if the phone has not reset. [removed] is putting it mildly, especially when told that since this is a prepaid Verizon phone I am not at the top of  their priority list.  The only positive note is all reps were couteous and as helpful as they could be in a NO WIN situation. So if you are a prepaid Verizon client know your are 2nd class as far as support.  AND DO NOT CHANGE your number if possible.

Profanity removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

Message edited by Verizon Moderator

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Change Phone Number
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Unwanted calls are never pleasant! We certainly want you to be able to easily manage your number without worry. YOu can log into your online account and change the number free of charge at https://login.verizonwireless.com/amserver/UI/Login?realm=vzw&goto=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.verizonwireless... YaleK_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
NORURI29
Enthusiast - Level 1

Im receiving a lot of unknown calls at random times and want it changed.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Unwanted calls are never pleasant! We certainly want you to be able to easily manage your number without worry. YOu can log into your online account and change the number free of charge at https://login.verizonwireless.com/amserver/UI/Login?realm=vzw&goto=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.verizonwireless... YaleK_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Sharonlovett

I need my phone number changed as soon as possible

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Have you tried changing it via your on-line My Verizon account?

Change Mobile Number FAQs | Verizon Wireless

0 Likes
Mwest2006

how do I change my number online to avoid a fee

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader
0 Likes
notacountry
Enthusiast - Level 1

Very disappointed with Verizon. They offer the option to change your number from their app, HOWEVER they do not disclose that IF YOU USE THE APP TO DO THIS it will take up to 24 hours for the change to actually occur. My old phone number was immediately disconnected when I requested the change, and my phone has not registered with the new number yet, leaving me unable to use my phone (which I need for work, or in case of an emergency) until whenever the change happens to go through. I had to go through rounds with customer service to find out that it would be 24 hours until the change was fully processed. And no one in a store is able to help me now that this process has started.

If I had known all this before, I would've just gone in to the store and walked out with a new number, rather than do it over the app and be left without access to my phone. I don't know why this service is offered if it's not fully set up and actually able to make the immediate change. Very inconvenient.

MrsHathorn
Enthusiast - Level 1

That is something that  wasn't mentioned and did it take a full 24 hours I'm having the same problem now.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

MrsHathorn, I apologize for any difficulties with changing your wireless number. Are you still experiencing this issue? Have you restarted your device?  AlbertoR_VZW

0 Likes