Charging issue and constantly beeps/vibrates when charged?
eggie5391
Enthusiast - Level 2

For the last week to two weeks, my LG G3 when plugged in, comes up with an error message that the phone is charging slowly I should use the charger that came with the phone.  I am using the original charger and cord that came with my phone and have never had a problem.  Also, when fully charged, usually my phone will vibrate/beep to let me know to disconnect my charger to save on energy and that my battery save mode is on when I hit below 30%.  That is normal.  But recently, since the charging issue, it beeps and vibrates every 10 minutes or so until I take it off the charger.  It keeps popping up "battery charged..unplug to save..blah blah".  So randomly in the middle of the night, I have to get up and unplug it because it will not stop.

Is anyone else having issues like this?  I've taken the battery out and tried restarting the phone.  I saw someone mention any third party apps that have been recently installed, I haven't installed any new apps in a while.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Charging issue and constantly beeps/vibrates when charged?
Razo_SE
Enthusiast - Level 3

Your best bet would be to start with a different charger.  You can pick up micro usb chargers just about anywhere for cheap.  It's not the "official" phone charger, but it will give you something to compare it to.  If the problem persists, then I would recommend a replacement battery which is easy enough to find on Amazon and relatively cheap.  If none of these options work then most likely the charging circuit in the phone is malfunctioning and the unit will have to be sent in for service.  If you have to go that route please be sure to get all of the pertinent information off of your phone and back-up all of your settings.

-Good Luck!

View solution in original post

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
Sorry to see that you are dealing with these issues. We would be happy to help. When the issue started, Did anything happen to the device before that? A new application or update perhaps? Any details would help. What software version are you running now?
BobbyN_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
eggie5391
Enthusiast - Level 2

Nothing happened that I can think of.  I can't recall dropping it, leaving it in a hot/cold area, or anything else that could damage it.

I noticed something else that's been happening.  It'll charge all night and is not fully charging now.  For instance, last night it was plugged in from 9 pm (ish)-8 am this morning and it has 58% battery.  I looked at the battery chart on my phone and it looks like for the past few days it has not been charging to 100%.

Software info: Android version 4.4.2, software version VS98512B, software status official. It looks like the last system update was on December 9, 2014.  And I checked for any new updates, it says it is up to date.

I also should mention, I have an app that the Verizon guy at my store downloaded for me to "boost" or end any running applications.  I usually do that at the end of the day or if my phone is running slow to stop all programs.

Any help would be appreciated.  I love this phone and it would be sad to have to buy another one or go to an older model.

0 Likes
Razo_SE
Enthusiast - Level 3

Your best bet would be to start with a different charger.  You can pick up micro usb chargers just about anywhere for cheap.  It's not the "official" phone charger, but it will give you something to compare it to.  If the problem persists, then I would recommend a replacement battery which is easy enough to find on Amazon and relatively cheap.  If none of these options work then most likely the charging circuit in the phone is malfunctioning and the unit will have to be sent in for service.  If you have to go that route please be sure to get all of the pertinent information off of your phone and back-up all of your settings.

-Good Luck!

Snn5
Legend

And who doesn't have about 15 chargers and/or cables nowadays?  Every electronic device I have comes with a charger or charging cable or at least a cable.  Obviously it matters as to the power output of each charger.

sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

I would get rid of the app that was installed for you and then, if that doesn't help, do a factory reset.

0 Likes
eggie5391
Enthusiast - Level 2

So a new charger from Verizon fixed the slow charging issue. I was still having an issue with the battery draining and beeping constantly when fully charged

I purchases a new battery and that seemed to fix it!

Thanks everyone!

Razo_SE
Enthusiast - Level 3

Glad my advice was useful.  Hopefully this will be the last issue you have.

0 Likes