Cloud issues
stacyn626

Transferred contacts to the Note 5 through Cloud and all contacts were doubled and tripled.  Help please.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Cloud issues
nicholas_g
Contributor - Level 3

You might be backing them up in Google and the Verizon Cloud and possibly another provider. Where do you prefer them to be saved?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

It's always important to backup your content, stacyn626. We definitely don’t want you to have duplicate contacts in your phone. Let’s work together to get this corrected. Did you backup any of your contacts using any other backup such as Google? Does the Cloud app show the contact more than once? What happens if you stop syncing your contacts with the Cloud?

DanielleR_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
emeraldcity93

Just went into the Verizon store today to stop duplications. Part of the problem was when inputting new contacts, there is a drop down I never paid attention to, which selects which account you want to save it to. If all of these accounts are set to sync with your contacts, that's where your duplicates come from on the Cloud.

Cloud replaced Backup Assistant, but you still have to disable it. It's a simple settings change in settings/accounts. I show Cloud, Backup Assistant, Corporate Accounts, and Google. Click on the one you want to stop syncing, click "Manage Backup Settings," and uncheck the boxes that are checked. It was that simple. The only one I have syncing now is Cloud.

I'm sure there's lot of folks out there who love having everything sync together, but this works for me!

Keepin' it simple.

0 Likes