Deleting apps that I don't use
georgevb
Enthusiast - Level 1

Can I delete apps that are part of the standard group of apps that I do not use, i.e. Music, Softcard, NFL Mobile, Slacker Radio?  Thanks

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Deleting apps that I don't use
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Go to your Settings --> Applications, and then tap on the app you want to delete.  If the option to uninstall is there, you can uninstall (delete) it.  You may only have the option to disable the app (prevents it from running, updating, using data, etc).

Some preinstalled apps can be deleted, and others can only be disabled.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

If you can't uninstall them, you should be able to disable them.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Go to your Settings --> Applications, and then tap on the app you want to delete.  If the option to uninstall is there, you can uninstall (delete) it.  You may only have the option to disable the app (prevents it from running, updating, using data, etc).

Some preinstalled apps can be deleted, and others can only be disabled.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

georgevb, great question. You cannot delete the preinstalled applications on your device. Why are you considering deleting these applications?

LauraL_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
georgevb
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hi Verizon Customer support.  The reason I asked is because my phone has only 8 MB of storage and is running extremely slow.  I figured that I can free up space by decluttering the apps I have never used i.e,. "Music" I use Pandora, "NFL Mobile" (never used) "Slacker Radio" (never used), all the Amazon apps, etc.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for reaching back to us. We certainly understand the need to have storage available on your device. Some preinstalled applications, cannot be deleted but you have the option to disable the applications. If you have an iPhone, you have the option for iCloud and other similar services for more storage. With Androids, you have Verizon Cloud, Gmail and other google services to help you keep your storage. Let us know if you have any further questions, we are happy to help.

JavierMD_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes