Did anyone's LG G3 break last night with the latest upgrade?
TaquitoToo

My phone was on, charged, and the next minute it was dead. 

I tried to boot it up this morning, it turned on, went the the Verizon screen, to my homepage and quickly turned off.  I took the phone to the verizon store, it did the same thing.  I took it to batteries plus where they tested the battery (fully charged) tried a new battery and that didn't work.  I read about a security patch update and I'm wondering if it was that.  Batteries plus said i was the third person this week with an LG G3 and the same problem....so something on the G3s are breaking.....Does anyone know what it is?  Is there a way to fix my phone without paying $100 to insurance?

Verizon wireless's warranty department will not accept the claim.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Did anyone's LG G3 break last night with the latest upgrade?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
TaquitoToo,

It is alarming to see you have had this issue with your G3. Let's look a little further into this for you. Just to clarify, the phone is booting up to the home screen but then powers off right away? Does it ever get past the screen? Is there any physical damage to the phone (cracks, corrosion, water damage)? have you tried a factory reset yet? This link will show you how: http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-112586/

ChristinaM_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
TaquitoToo

When I turned on the phone at the store, it booted up past the Verizon logo/android screen.  I would see a brief wall paper picture and then the screen would turn to black and the phone would be off.  I never saw the quick icons at the bottom of the screen.  The verizon wireless employee at the store tried to do a factory reset but the phone wouldn't turn on again for him in order to do a factory reset.

There is a chip in the bottom left and right corner that has been there for months. The screen is intact.  The battery is full.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Having a working and reliable phone is vital, TaquitoToo. I am sorry to hear about the phone malfunctioning after the recent software update. Our number one goal is to get this fixed for you. If the phone is able to boot up I recommend we test it out in safe mode. Safe mode is a diagnostic mode that disables third party applications. If the issue doesn’t duplicate in safe mode it will be one step closer to finding a solution. Here are the steps for putting your device in safe mode when it boots up. http://vz.to/1KlNmWJ . Keep us posted.

AnthonyC_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes