Do I get charged extra when my phone goes in "roaming" in the US?
michat2

My phone is sometimes normal (I can text, call and use data with no issues), and sometimes, randomly, goes in "roaming" mode. I am always "roaming" at home and at my office. I have a phone-intensive job and I do -not- appreciate having to go on the sidewalk and wait until the phone stops being on roaming before I can call people.

Is there a way to stop it from happening? And worse - it lets me send and receive texts even when roaming, am I getting charged extra money every time I do that?

I am unable to turn data and voice roaming off (the option is greyed out on my phone, I can't tinker with it), so I have no idea what to do.

I have a Samsung Galaxy J3.

Thanks in advance!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Do I get charged extra when my phone goes in "roaming" in the US?
bearone21
Legend

roaming means you're not using your network, whether or not you provider shares reciprocal sharing while roaming is a question for the provider.

0 Likes
Re: Do I get charged extra when my phone goes in "roaming" in the US?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

michat2, it's always our goal to keep you connected and we understand how important that is for you with an intensive job. While roaming does mean that you're no longer on our network, this doesn't necessarily prevent you from using your phone. Also, depending on your plan, you may see additional charges for roaming at this location. We want to help you get to the bottom of this so you have the answers that you deserve.

Would you be able to provide us with the name of your calling plan? Can you also verify the current zip code where you are roaming? Also, you mentioned that you wait until the phone stops roaming before you can place a call. Are calls, texts, or data not working for you when you are roaming? Please keep us posted so we can continue working with you.

SamanthaT_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes