Does HTC 10 come with uh oh protection?
inklaura

The Verizon website mentions the HTC Uh oh protection for the M9 model, but it is not mentioned for the new HTC 10.   Is Uh oh protection included?

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: Does HTC 10 come with uh oh protection?
inklaura

Online chat with the Verizon agent said this protection is "not added" with the HTC 10.   Bad wording Verizon.  Since it IS offered directly from HTC, it was REMOVED by Verizon.  Very disappointing and a money grab to force people to pay for their overpriced protection plan. 

0 Likes
ralph1017
Contributor - Level 1

Uh oh protection is only available for M8 and M9. It is not available for HTC 10. The same way HTC Advantage Program is only available for HTC One and HTC One max users. As far as I know, there are no free protection plan for HTC10. So your only choice is Total Mobile Protection with Asurion insurance or get a different third party mobile insurance.

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

inklaura wrote:

Online chat with the Verizon agent said this protection is "not added" with the HTC 10.   Bad wording Verizon.  Since it IS offered directly from HTC, it was REMOVED by Verizon.  Very disappointing and a money grab to force people to pay for their overpriced protection plan. 

I'm not sure why you say this is not offered with the HTC 10. Simply because Verizon does not facilitate this protection does not mean that it isn't offered. Read the terms of the offer, though, which state the device must be purchased from HTC.COM. If you purchase the handset from Verizon. you are not fulfilling the terms of the protection and therefore don't qualify for it.

HTC 10UH OH™ PROTECTION ADDENDUM TO LIMITED WARRANTY | HTC United States

"Eligible Product” means a Product intended to be sold in the United States that is a new HTC 10 mobile device purchased from HTC.com on or after April 29, 2016 and prior to October 29, 2016"

Buy HTC 10 | HTC United States

BigCTM01

The HTC 10 should come with Uh Oh protection regardless of whether the phone was purchased from Verizon or not.  I purchased the HTC 10 from Verizon and it is the same phone as the Verizon version purchased at HTC.  The warranty should be the same.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

HTC set the terms for how a device is covered by the Uh Oh protection. They have restricted it to devices purchased directly from HTC on their website. Devices purchase through Verizon Wireless, AT&T, Amazon and other third party sites are not eligible.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
VegasBuck

I've been a "die hard' HTC fan for almost a decade and this is the final straw, I've officially given up on the brand after owning 8 generations of their devices.

The Verizon store reps did not correct me when I indicated my excitement for Uh Oh protection. Just another thinly shrouded lie from them to trap me into another commitment and [Removed] out of more money for sub-par customer and cellular service...

inappropriate content removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

Message edited by Verizon Moderator

0 Likes