Does Verizon Cover Best Buy Exclusive Devices?
tony300
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hello Everyone,

I recently bought the LG G3 about 2 weeks ago after transferring my number from T-Mobile to Verizon. I went to Best Buy because they had the Blue version of the LG G3 and I loved the color and look of it. I was wondering if anyone knew if Verizon covered this phone if it was having a problem since it's a Best Buy Exclusive phone.

Thanks!

Labels (2)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Does Verizon Cover Best Buy Exclusive Devices?
Snn5
Legend

This may be premature, but unless the phone is just flat out unreliable, hold onto it until after your 5.0 update comes.  No sense in replacing it yet seeing as how you're past the 14 days and the update is days/weeks away, only to have issues with that update and have to replace.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

They should.  Unless things have changed, I bought a phone from a Verizon Authorized Premium Retailer (similar to what BB does) and had an issue and Verizon sent me a replacement under warranty at that time.  Now, an exclusive, IDK, but if it is branded Verizon on the back front side screen and everywhere else Verizon brands our devices I would think they would.  Being an exclusive color, you might have a different wait time if you ever need an exchange, but if in doubt ask both BB and Vzw.

0 Likes
tony300
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have looked around the phone and noticed it has Verizon branded in two places on the phone. One is on the front of the phone itself on the top right corner and the second is on the back with Verizon then 4G LTE underneath that. I was just curious because I've been having so many problems with this specific phone but was not too sure on if Verizon would replace this phone or not.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

What types of issues?  Maybe we can help and avoid a return?  Are you within the 14 day grace period or however many days BB allows for returns? 

0 Likes
tony300
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes, unfortunately I am over the grace period. I wanted to call BB at the time but I was in Florida for a week, which wasn't going to help me at all.

The problems I am facing right now is my battery sometimes dies awfully fast sometimes when not being used. I have checked multiple things such as background apps opened but nothing was open at the time. I woke up one morning at around 7:00 am and checked Facebook for about 5 minutes and then logged out of the App. I then checked Snapchat and probably was on there for a good 10 minutes. Within about 3 hours of being off the charger it dropped from 100% all the way down to about 68%.

Another issue is occasionally when using the standard LG G3 keyboard for texting the keyboard will completely freeze and then completely lag. Sometimes a messages will even pop up saying "The LG G3 keyboard has stopped responding"

The next issue is much lag in the phone when opening an application or switching between screens. I also experience another issue when it comes to pressing the home button it takes a while to return back to the home screen. I also have the issue where even when I do go to the home screen after exiting an application all icons on the whole screen will disappear for about a minute then everything will re-appear again.

Last but not least I do face some problems with the phone turning off at a random point in time. Sometimes it's a little hot but I am not sure why it overheats the way it does, while other times it is pretty cool.

Any help on any of this would be appreciated. I did have a T-Mobile LG G3 at one time and I don't recall most of these problems happing before. I have maybe 4-5 apps downloaded on my phone but nothing over 100 mbs.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

I have an LG G2.  I have noticed the keyboard issue before, but switched to the Google Keyboard in the Play Store.  I had issues with the screen and apps freezing for a few seconds.  IDK what fixed that, as it may have corrected itself after I uninstalled an app or 2.  I have heard about the G3 running warm, usually some rogue app or process hanging it up.  I used GSAM battery monitor app from the Play Store to isolate what app was using so much battery.  I won't say that the battery to screen resolution doesn't play a part.  I can say you and I have the same battery 3000mah, your screen is slightly larger and better resolution.  I can say that running stock and disabling many LG and Verizon apps and useless com.processes has gotten me to about a 30 hour battery life with 3-4 hours screen on time.  I keep my screen around 50% brightness.  Also, I have had several updates, minor and VoLTE-related in the past few months since I experienced those issues.  I also have my LG "task Killer" set to run every 1 hour.  i know you have a Smart Clean feature, or some such thing like that.  I might try a battery monitoring app for 2-3 days and maybe set your Smart Clean feature to a more strict time frame.  If you cannot isolate it and have tried a factory reset, you might call Verizon for a replacement.  Maybe these ideas pan out in a success though.

0 Likes
tony300
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thank you for the response Snn5,

I do keep my screen on auto brightness but not sure if that could have something to do with the battery problems at all? I will also try a battery monitoring application as well to see if the problem relies on apps.

As far as factory resetting it I have also tried that to see if it will work and didn't seem to be successful. Even when I was factory resetting it I was having some slowdowns going through the setup wizard.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

This may be premature, but unless the phone is just flat out unreliable, hold onto it until after your 5.0 update comes.  No sense in replacing it yet seeing as how you're past the 14 days and the update is days/weeks away, only to have issues with that update and have to replace.

0 Likes
tony300
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thank You Snn5,

I will take your advice and holdout until the update arrives. Hopefully this new update will fix a lot more problems and make this phone a little more usable again.

Snn5
Legend

Welcome! Smiley Happy

0 Likes