Does using Facebook Messenger constitute data use?
bombee

Does using messenger as the default go towards our unlimited text or go towards our data? Anyone?

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Fb messenger
rcschnoor
Legend

Bigboss3rm wrote:

No they are receding to messages+ from Verizon. It advertises you candidates send and receive over WiFi. It works on my iPad but won't work on my m8

From the first line of the Facebook Messenger description on Google Play Store:

"Instantly reach the people in your life—for free. Messenger is just like texting, but you don't have to pay for every message (it works with your data plan)."

This app sends messages over a data connection and does not count towards any (unlimited)texting plan. It counts against your cellular data allowance unless you have a wifi connection when sending/receiving a message.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Bombee, this is a great question. The messenger app uses data to send messages. Please let us EstebanP_VZW have any further questions.

EstebanP_VZW Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
Bigboss3rm
Contributor - Level 1

No they are receding to messages+ from Verizon. It advertises you candidates send and receive over WiFi. It works on my iPad but won't work on my m8

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

Bigboss3rm wrote:

From the first line of the Facebook Messenger description on Google Play Store:

"Instantly reach the people in your life—for free. Messenger is just like texting, but you don't have to pay for every message (it works with your data plan)."

This app sends messages over a data connection and does not count towards any (unlimited)texting plan. It counts against your cellular data allowance unless you have a wifi connection when sending/receiving a message.

0 Likes