Download Mode
Tin2

I seem to have had my Samsung J3 mission go into the download mode by itself? One morning when I thought it was turned off I looked and it was in download mode. Where it says not to power off. Is there some way this can happen remotely? That is the only thing I can figure unless there was an actual update of somekind. I checked how you put your phone in this mode and I did not do that. It would not turn off and after about 3 hours I removed the battery to restart the phone. What may have happened here?

0 Likes
Re: Download Mode
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello, Tin2. I would be concerned as well if my phone were to do a random action when it supposed to be powered off. We do want to get to the bottom of this, and make sure any issues are addressed. Apart from this instance, did your phone ever do anything else that you'd consider strange? What happened after your phone powered back on? DavidR_VZW

0 Likes
Re: Download Mode
Tin2

Well after removing and replacing the battery it powered on normally. I would still like to know how it got in that mode and what was happening if anything? I think maybe it went into this mode before but not what seems like by itself. I forget how to put your phone in this mode. But I think you need to press several buttons at the same time? I do think those buttons could be pressed by being in your pocket. 

The only strange thing is the display screen would go dark and flicker weird colors. These things happen at work and connected to company wifi ???  I also use my phone and an app to clock in and out. 

0 Likes