Email App Help
DOUBRO24

I recently changed my yahoo email.  Now when the Icon shows up on my screen (saying I have new email), it just says "Couldn't sign in."  When I go in and try to change it to the new login, it just comes on and says "Problem With Account Setup.  User Name Or Password Is Incorrect." 

My phone continues to chime at me over and over again, with this same situation.

I did try to delete the app, but I'm not able to.

Does anyone have an idea as to what I can do to get this problem fixed?  It's like a permanent app that I can't delete.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Email App Help
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Sounds like you're using the default e-mail app on your phone?  If so, have you tried removing the e-mail account and setting it up again?  Have you tried removing the e-mail account and then setting it up with the Yahoo app from the Play Store instead of using the default e-mail app?

DOUBRO24

I have tried to delete what is on the default app, and when I click on "Done," it comes up saying "Problem With Account Setup." 

I did set up a new yahoo app on my phone with the correct log in information, but I still have the default app that the phone continues to try and log in on my older email account. 

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Which phone do you have?  When you attempt to remove the e-mail account from the stock e-mail app, are you following steps similar to:  settings > accounts > email > long-press the account you want to delete > tap the three dots in the upper right-hand corner > remove account ?

0 Likes