Family Base time restrictions not working At All
RayvenBliss

I have Family Base time restrictions set up for my step-son, but he is clearly using the internet during the restricted hours for Facebook chat & Skype. He does not have access to wifi as we unplug and put the router and modem in the safe at night. I have checked and rechecked the settings. I have removed them and redone them. I have had my husband check them and we can't find anything wrong, yet he is on the internet every night. How is this possible and what can I do?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Family Base time restrictions not working At All
thegreatzacsby
Enthusiast - Level 3

Have u made sure of the line that is the primary line set up through my Verizon?

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

How old is your step son?  Is taking the phone away at night a viable option?  Is he connecting to a neighbor's wifi perhaps? 

0 Likes
RayvenBliss

He's 16. No, we can't take the phone away because his mother says she needs

access to him 24/7. I've looked, we don't have access to any other wifi

inside our apartment.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Making sure you have control over a minors phone is definitely important, RayvenBliss. Let's make sure we have those settings set up correctly. Has the phone been powered off since you set the restrictions up? When you log in and check the settings are they still there? Here is some more information on Family Base http://spr.ly/6583BgCPh
JosephEE_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
RayvenBliss

Yes, the phone has been powered off several times. Yes, all settings are

the same.

On Wed, Mar 23, 2016 at 11:45 PM, Verizon Wireless Customer Support <

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

If the Family Base restrictions don't seem to be working, then I would suggest keeping his phone with you overnight - if his mother calls, you can pass the phone to him to talk to her.  Unless she's calling and texting him throughout the night, this shouldn't impact your sleep and would still give her "access" if needed.  Then again, I don't know your situation - just trying to suggest something workable.

0 Likes
RayvenBliss

Unfortunately, she does message him all throughout the entire night. Plus,

she had instructed him to not listen to anything we say, so getting him to

hand his phone over is impossible. We need these restrictions to work or

we'll have to switch to a different cell provider.

0 Likes
Klue
Master - Level 1

I'm not sure how family Base works, but have you changed all your passwords to something really difficult?

0 Likes
RayvenBliss

Yes, it's a complicated password and he doesn't know the password.

0 Likes