Full display push ads!
hughgreenshields

I have not been able to stop the full display push advertising, Candy crush, shop now, etc. on my LG  G7 thin Q. Started removing factory installed apps the advertising it's just unnecessary, I'm paying for the phone  If the phone was free it would be a different matter. I have been a Verizon customer over 35 years, if this matter isn't resolved soon.

My association with Verizon will End.

Hugh

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Full display push ads!
colinh_vzw
Verizon Employee

Hugh Greenshields,

I know how annoying ads can be, and we definitely want to make sure that this is not your continued experience. Most of the time, an app is what is causing the popups. I recommend using the following steps to reboot the device in Safemode: LG G7 ThinQ - Power Up in Safe Mode | Verizon Wireless

If the ads remain, this will determine that it is indeed an app you have downloaded causing the issue. Please let us know the results you get from this.

Colin H_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The factory installed are the less likely of applications causing the problem. Have you reviewed the applications you installed?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
hughgreenshields

I have looked and I can't find anyting that would be causing this.I've had all the same applications on other phones and have not had this problem these full page pop-up ads it's almost like malware which I scan for. And they want you to install from Google play store?

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

If you are not installing your applications from the Google Play Store, you could be introducing applications that have been infected with malicious software.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
hughgreenshields

My point is who is pushing this stuff Verizon Google? It takes over the whole display not a little banner!

0 Likes
gb755cs
Enthusiast - Level 3

What the others are saying is that smartphones are basically mini computers and just like your home computer they CAN get malware (viruses, adware, spyware, etc) From what you're describing it sounds like some piece of malware made its way onto your phone.  I have a coworker with the same phone as you only difference is he's on T-Mobile and he says he's not getting them.  If you haven't downloaded the latest security patch even visiting an infected website by mistake is enough to get the malware on your phone.  As the one person said if you've allowed downloads from sources other than Google Play any one of those apps could've contained a hitch hiker.  Epic Games (creators of FortNite) didn't want Google to take the 30% cut so they had people disabling their play store restriction but the installer was found to be vulnerable and either contained Malware itself or left the door open for it to be downloaded.  I would suggest installing an anti-malware program from the play store and have it do a full and thorough scan. 

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend

the combo of chrome browser & adblock plus eliminates adds.

0 Likes
boringusername
Master - Level 1

has nothing to do with verizon

0 Likes
hughgreenshields

Exactly!!

0 Likes
colinh_vzw
Verizon Employee

Hugh Greenshields,

I know how annoying ads can be, and we definitely want to make sure that this is not your continued experience. Most of the time, an app is what is causing the popups. I recommend using the following steps to reboot the device in Safemode: LG G7 ThinQ - Power Up in Safe Mode | Verizon Wireless

If the ads remain, this will determine that it is indeed an app you have downloaded causing the issue. Please let us know the results you get from this.

Colin H_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes