Galaxy S7 Promotion of Gear S2 or Gear VR Online Purchase Issue
b10barge

I received an email today stating that the location Code that was on my order was that of an in-store and/or online business, so I was only eligible for to receive the Gear VR. I wanted the S2. I preordered the phone online at verizonwireless.com. I sent them the only thing that Verizon sent me that could be considered a receipt. I'm pretty frustrated because I think I got scammed. You can't even find that promotion anymore. I have very little use for the VR but was pretty stoked about the S2.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Galaxy S7 Promotion of Gear S2 or Gear VR Online Purchase Issue
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

You should read the other threads about the same topic. Gear S2 Offer Bait and Switch

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

B10barge, I understand your feelings, and I want to bring you some clarity. We would never mislead you into a deceiving offer, as we always operate with integrity.

The offer involving the Samsung Gear S2 was strictly a Samsung offer. We only provided the verification proving that the phone was purchased. Once you received the phone, you were to go to the Samsung site, and fill out the required form using your new phone's MAC ID and MEID number.

Before filling out the form there was a blue terms and conditions link that explained the terms of the offer and exactly what was supposed to be submitted. If everything was done properly to ensure that you received the correct accessory I would reach out to Samsung directly at their support page> http://bit.ly/1UzIbWj

MarcusSS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
blakeb19
Enthusiast - Level 1

Sorry, Verizon. You advertised the [removal required by theVerizon Wireless Terms of Service] out of the S2 offer. I upgraded my phone online, was told I was eligible for the S2, CHOSE the S2 when I submitted my MAC ID and MEID when I received the phone on March 11, and I just received an email yesterday (4/27) saying, "because the purchase receipt you uploaded denotes an in-store and/or online business purchase, you are only eligible to receive the Samsung Gear VR with 6-game bundle." Verizon can't wash their hands of this and defer all blame to Samsung; you profited heavily from what was a Verizon-only promotion. I'm awaiting a response from Samsung already. If they don't fix it, then it rests squarely on Verizon.

0 Likes
Daisame

I have the same issue. I was told I would qualify for the watch as well, but according to Samsung, my receipt shows an in store purchase or business and I was denied. The main reason I came to Verizon for this purchase was because they had the option of getting the gear s2 watch. Sounds like there is some gaps between the Verizon to Samsung handoff for this promotion. Verizon can blame Samsung, but you are the ones who promoted and offered the option so you have to accept some accountability here.

0 Likes
Daisame

That link is restricted. Maybe they locked that thread down for too much negative feedback?

0 Likes
oks10
Enthusiast - Level 3

I had the same issue. I used the chat support and had them confirm that my order was neither in-store nor for a business account (which they freely confirmed without question) and I emailed that chat transcript to the regional PL managers, one of which replied saying that he wasn't over Samsung promos but went ahead and forwarded it to PL customer support. I called PL the next morning (btw, morning is the best time to call. I called about 8:30 cst and immediately got someone) and told them what was going on. They said that email was sent out to several people by mistake and that they still showed me getting the S2's. (Although I know I can trust what they say about as far as I can throw them...). I would at the very least strike up a support chat to confirm you bought online for a consumer account so you have it for your records. Then if they send you wrong thing, call them up (before telling them you got the wrong thing) to ask them what you're supposed to be getting, and if they say S2 then ask if they still have them in stock. If they tell you they ARE then ask why you got a VR instead and if they pull the "business account" excuse tell them you have documentation from Verizon saying that's not correct. If I end up getting VR's instead of S2's this is process I'll probably go. Catch them in a lie so they KNOW that you know they're lying...

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Daisame,

We know receiving the correct item with your promotion redemption is crucial. Lets get this fixed. Where did you purchase the S7 or S7 Edge? Was the device purchased on a device payment plan? Was the receipt supplied clear to determine the purchase location?

Thanks,
PamelaF_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Daisame

Good Afternoon Pamela,

Please call me Don. First let me thank you for taking the time to help correct this issue.

I visited the store at ​2090 N Black Horse Pike, Williamstown, NJ 08094. I went there with the express purpose of purchasing a phone outright (no financing) and make use of the promo for the S2 Gear watch, which was more valuable to me than the VR Gear, and a promotion that no other carrier seemed to offer.

When there I told the folks which phone I was interested in, that I would be paying full price for the handset and not financing or spreading out the payments of the cost of the handset. Finally I also made it clear that I wanted to take advantage of the promo to receive the s2 gear watch.

Originally they put a cost of the phone plus the cost of the s2 gear watch, minus a 100 credit. When I explained that was not the promotion, they fixed that error, and I was charged only for the phone. On a side note they said they 'had' to finance some of the cost of the phone so they left a few cents off the full payment to finance pennies over the next few months, which I could elect to pay the balance after my first bill. Not an ideal situation as it is confusing and sounds strange, like it is doing something shady. But I agreed anyway.

Later I went to the Samsung promotions web site and did not see where I could select the s2 gear. I called into the customer service line and they told me that the s2 gear was only available for online purchases. Which sounded like it would have been easier than the in store visit anyway. I asked if I would still qualify for the s2 using the in store purchase, they asked for my order number and said that the store used the online system to place the order and it would be OK. I stated that if it would not work, I would want to cancel the store order and place the order online. I was told to select the 'online order' option on the Samsung web form and it would direct me to the s2 promotion. I did that while on the phone, and it appeared to be correct. I filled out the form but did not yet have the phone serial number. A few weeks later I received the phone in the mail. I scanned that receipt and sent in to Samsung when completing the s2 promotion info.

Approximately 4-5 weeks later, I received confirmation that my Samsung promotion was completed, but I did not qualify for the s2 gear watch because the order was either done in store, or was a business.

So my issue was that I made it clear what promotion I was interested in pursuing, both to the store representative and later when I was concerned that it would not work without buying online, when I called for customer support. In both cases, I was told that the Samsung site would allow me to complete the option for the s2 gear.

So this feels dishonest. I understand that this is a Samsung promotion but it is being offered by Verizon and is specifically why I chose going to Verizon rather than another carrier. If I needed to cancel my in store purchase and do it online to make use of the order, I would have gladly done that. Like I stated earlier, it actually seemed much easier than my in store experience.

Hopefully this can be corrected. I have not been a Verizon customer for years, and my first time back starts off with something that feels at best, poorly executed and at worst, dishonest.

Thanks for your help,

Don

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Don,

I know how important this promotion was for you. In order to qualify for the free Gear S2, the purchase would need to have been done online. Purchases made in the store do not qualify for this offer.

ChristopherM_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes