Galaxy watch 3 Text number sharing
DSchumm

So, over the weekend my phone was destroyed which means i just have my watch for communication until my replacement phone gets here. while phone calls work fine on the watch, text messages only work if someone text my watches phone number rather than the "numbershare" number (which is my cellphone number). i called and talked to VZW tech support and they claim that this is the intended operation. you're telling me that "numbershare" doesn't work with text messages? unfortunately i've had this watch since it first came out and never really cared about this because my phone always worked; otherwise i would return it. This seems like a critically missing piece of "numbershare". can anyone chime in if there's a work around or something for this? 

0 Likes
Re: Galaxy watch 3 Text number sharing
DSchumm

i just noticed i put this in android general which really has nothing to do with this issue. it's verizon/samsung/tizen issue rather than a android issue.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Numbershare is a great way to stay connected, even when you don't have your phone with you. When Number Share is active on an extension device, certain services do not work on the extension device. You can review more information here: http://spr.ly/6603yTlFW

0 Likes
ylvu28

Hello, vzw_customer_support!

Can you elaborate on your comment? I have a Samsung S20+ 5G and a Samsung Galaxy Watch 3. None of my family and friends know my Watch 3 phone number.  When I leave my phone at home (turned on) and am out running errands with only my Watch 3, I do not get any of my text messages. I do get phone calls if someone ends up calling me.

The only time my text messages work seamlessly is if I have phone within range of me and bluetooth turned on.

0 Likes