HATE UPDATE
thischic8
Enthusiast - Level 1

This "new" update is pretty but it sucks. I pay way too much money for this. Anyway to undo it?

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: HATE UPDATE
Snn5
Legend

Try this, 50 some-odd people have found it beneficial so far:

Plug into charger for the entire process

(DISABLE google backup and restore of apps and app data)

Charge to 100% and back up and factory reset the phone

Factory reset one more time

Unplug from charger

Set up your phone

Leave phone on until it dies and turns off 1 time

Leave off and recharge to 100%

This is my usual process and I have had no issues.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
Thischic8-

Updates should be exciting.  I'm sorry to hear you're not happy with the new update.  There is no way to revert back to the old software version.  What is the make and model of your phone?  What don't you like about the new update?  Keep us posted so we can assist further.

EmmaM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
kirastar

I am having so many issues because of the update too. If this can't be fixed I will have to leave Verizon. So many things are wrong now

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

You don't "leave Verizon" you FDR and try again.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Try this, 50 some-odd people have found it beneficial so far:

Plug into charger for the entire process

(DISABLE google backup and restore of apps and app data)

Charge to 100% and back up and factory reset the phone

Factory reset one more time

Unplug from charger

Set up your phone

Leave phone on until it dies and turns off 1 time

Leave off and recharge to 100%

This is my usual process and I have had no issues.

0 Likes
Shelleyneedscustomers
Enthusiast - Level 1

So over Verizon in their lives. It used to be the best and now it's the worst. drops my calls all day. I see people standing out in the middle of our street because they cannot get reception inside their homes. . Verizon Does nothing to change this they try to blame it on the way your house is built, which is ridiculous. I have people who come to my house with t mobility and can get better reception.!!!!!  I rely on my phone for my business and my clients. Speak to me in the drops to calls in the middle as I walk from room to room whether I'm in my house or at my office. Zip code 33414. So if I power off the internet then power back on then it will pick up the correct signal again. For my phone server?? What is up with that? It will not stay connected to the correct spot. It keeps jumping around because Verizon completely terrible.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi, Shelleyneedscustomers. I hear your concerns about calls dropping, so I'm here to help. When did this begin? How far from your home does the signal improve? Please check your private messages for more troubleshooting information.

TracyB_VZW

0 Likes