HOW DO I RID MY PHONE OF RANSOMWARE?
AEA816IN

I ATTEMPTED TO OPEN UP AN OBSCURE VIDEO.  INSTEAD, I DOWNLOADED RANSOMWARE.  mY PHONE IS LOCKED AND THE "FBI" IS DEMANDING $500.00.

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Likes
Re: HOW DO I RID MY PHONE OF RANSOMWARE?
dexman
Community Leader
Community Leader

If the phone has been disabled to the point where it cannot be started by any method...then the options would be to either pay the ransom, or, replace the phone.

boringusername
Master - Level 1

Stop going to shady websites.

kathy65793
Master - Level 1

Have you tried going to Norton or 1 of the major antivirus websites? It depends on which ransomware it is but there are ways to get it off of the phone and or a computer without paying.

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend

ain't that the truth!!

0 Likes
dexman
Community Leader
Community Leader

Hi Kathy!

If I understand the question correctly, the phone has been rendered completely unusable by the virus. The OP would have to provide clarification as to the extent of the impact.

Paul

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

That sounds very alarming, AEA816IN. I am happy to assist. Is the alert appearing when a specific application is opened or being used? If so, what is the application? Are you able to close the notification at all?

Greg_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes