HTC 10 Nougat update broke WiFi calling?
YV13YV13

My HTC 10 was updated to 7.0 recently, and I noticed that I cannot make outgoing calls if WiFi calling is enabled, and the phone is on WiFi. The customer service didn't help (other than helping me lose WiFi passwords for all the networks I use). Is anybody else experiencing this problem?

Thanks!

D

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: HTC 10 Nougat update broke WiFi calling?
PROD80
Enthusiast - Level 1

I just found a work-around suggested on another forum that seems to solve the problem for now. Go to: Settings > Advanced Calling > Wi-Fi Calling > When Roaming...In this menu, enable the "Prefer Other Cellular Networks" setting, instead of the "Prefer Wi-Fi" setting. Tap "Save" and Wi-Fi calling should work normally again. Seems like a bug, hopefully they'll fix this in a future update.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
PROD80
Enthusiast - Level 1

Just updated to Nougat yesterday and I'm having the same issue. I couldn't make any calls, and it took me awhile to realize it was wi-fi calling related. I would love to find a solution to this, since cellular signal in my house is very spotty.

0 Likes
PROD80
Enthusiast - Level 1

I just found a work-around suggested on another forum that seems to solve the problem for now. Go to: Settings > Advanced Calling > Wi-Fi Calling > When Roaming...In this menu, enable the "Prefer Other Cellular Networks" setting, instead of the "Prefer Wi-Fi" setting. Tap "Save" and Wi-Fi calling should work normally again. Seems like a bug, hopefully they'll fix this in a future update.

0 Likes
YV13YV13

Wow. Great catch, thank you! But what a mess

0 Likes
DOUBLEPLAYS

Same here. Choosing "Other Cellular Networks" as suggested seems to work.

Also, if you turn off Wi-Fi and start a phone call, you can turn Wi-Fi back on during the call and it shifted over to Wi-Fi calling for me.

Clearly a bug that needs to be fixed. I restarted my phone three times with no improvement.

0 Likes
Ampfrog

Thank you for posting Prod80; had same issue, your solution worked brilliantly!

0 Likes