HTC 10 SD Card
Amuuz

I've got an HTC 10.  The phone is great.  I don't think there is a better one out there, except for one thing: The Micro SD card reader in the phone.  This is a noted issue.  The SD card will unmount spontaneously, corrupt, etc.  Right now I have a high-end SanDisk 128GB:  SanDisk Extreme Plus Micro U3 class that is actually a replacement for a different SanDisk 128 card that already went through this same issue.  I want to use the card as internal memory to take advantage of a larger disk space.  The old card gave me problems so I updated and spent a fair amount of money for the new SD card (which should not have been needed) and it should work.  I've done all the tricks to get this to work the first time around, now it happening to this card.  I am a software developer and store quite a bit of information on my phone so I can code on the road and I like to keep as much as possible on the card itself.  Has HTC done anything to address this issue?  I see I'm not the only one with the issue as it is all over the internet.  I'm willing to swap my phone to a newer build to get a reader that WORKS LIKE IT IS SUPPOSED TO!  Right now the SD card says it's corrupted.  If I go to re-set it up (which means losing my data--yes I'll back it up to a computer, but none of this should be happening AGAIN) it says the card is too slow...Huh?  Really?  It's as fast as the market has available.  The HTC suggests using a UHS Speed Class 3... IT IS!  This is wasting my time.

Is it the phone?  Is there a better card (128GB or better)?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: HTC 10 SD Card
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want you to enjoy your HTC 10 to the fullest, Amuuz. Let's work together to get the best expandable memory option. We have a couple of questions to get a better understanding of the issue. Did you purchase the memory card from us? The reason for asking is that the SD cards that we sell are compatible with the devices we offer. Did you check the compatibility of the memory card to the device?

ArnettH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Amuuz

This has been awhile since I posted, however, I need this solved.  The card is a SanDisk micro SD, 128GB, Extreme Plus, class 3.  I did not purchase it directly from Verizon.  The card is supposed to be the one of the best on the market, with the highest read/write speed.  I do need this to work, what do you suggest?  This is the 2nd card it has fried.  It is seriously annoying.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Amuuz, we want you to enjoy the phone. Have you tried a different brand of SD card to see if it has the same issue?

JosephT_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
Amuuz

Third card, same problem  The whole point of having this phone was it's expandable memory compartment.  I'm not a Samsung, or iPhone fan.  I believe this USED to be the best phone on the market.  This flaw drops it dramatically.

Joseph, I appreciate the help.  I have tried another card, but never as internal memory.  I've spent a fair amount of $$ on cards now and sick of buying new ones when the other ones were perfectly fine.  I would like a fix asap.  Feel free to contact me.  My phones are coming out of contract and any option is on the table atm.

0 Likes