HTC Desire 530
ANDLIS37

I recently turned my phone on airplane mode.  However, I then could no turn on the wi-fi to connect to the airline wi-fi, the button was greyed out.  The only way to access wi-fi was when the airplane mode was not enabled.  Is anyone aware of a fix for this?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: HTC Desire 530
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3

I thought most phones allowed you to turn on WiFi while in airplane mode, but it might be disabling ALL radios.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Agreed. They should be able to turn the wifi radio back on while in airplane mode.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I want to make sure that all of your WIFI questions are answered, ANDLIS37. I want to make sure that I get a better understanding of the situation. Why are you placing the device into airplane mode?

NicholeK_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
ANDLIS37

First, because I'm on an airplane and I want to connect to the plane's.

Secondly, because I'm in a foreign country and don't want to receive calls

or texts.

On Mar 22, 2017 6:36 PM, "vzw_customer_support" <forums@verizonwireless.com>

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for providing those details, ANDLIS37. I know how important it is to be able to control your phone signal while traveling abroad. May I ask which make & model phone you are using? Have you ever been able to enable WiFi while in Airplane mode on this device before?

MichelleH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
ANDLIS37

I have the HTC Desire 530. I just recently upgraded to this phone and this was the first time I needed to turn on the airplane mode and that is when I discovered that I could not enable wi-fi while in airplane mode.

0 Likes