HTC M9 LRA Version Update
swalker1234
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi, I have an HTC m9 LRA Version (Verizon's LTE Rural America).

I want to update, however, the HTC Sync manager says there is no update for my version.

HTC One M9 Software Update | Verizon Wireless Shows there is an update, but it won't show up in the Sync manager.

Any idea on how to get this update? OTA is not an option since I moved to another country.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: HTC M9 LRA Version Update
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

You will likely need to find the RUU file and Verizon Wireless isn't the place to find it.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
swalker1234
Enthusiast - Level 2

Tried that too,

ROM Downloads for your HTC smartphone - Support | HTC United States

There is no mention about the LRA model.

Also, after a long discussion with HTC, verizon is the only place I can find the update. This is what HTC support told me:

LRA is a program of Verizon and we haven't created a ROM for this carrier due to the Verizon's policies.

0 Likes
swalker1234
Enthusiast - Level 2

Also, from that page, it says:

Please note: ROM Downloads are not available for Verizon Wireless Devices. However select Verizon Wireless devices can be updated using the HTC Sync Manager software.

Which means verizon has to give HTC the roms so they are available on the sync manager. I wonder why there is a version for the non LRA model, but not for mine.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Then it is likely they haven't released the update for your phone model.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

swalker1234
Enthusiast - Level 2

I agree. I wonder if they will ever release an update for it. Specially one to address the latest Wi-fi Security issue.

I have been OK with my device in lolipop for so long, but with those news I think they should send an update.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I appreciate you working so hard to find a solution, swalker1234. You have already uncovered exactly where to go for any available updates by finding the HTC Sync Manager, but I don't have any information about any future plans. I want to make sure you have a working device while you wait for any possible updates. Can you tell me more about the Wi-Fi issue you're experiencing? Is your M9 currently active on a Verizon Wireless line of service? Does your cellular data work well?

JenniferH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

swalker1234
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi Jennifer, thanks for your reply.

Can you tell me more about the Wi-Fi issue you're experiencing?

I don't have a particular issue.

My phone still has Android Lollipop and that has been good enough until now.

But recently a really bad security issue was found and the only solution is to update my device.

Update Every Device -- This KRACK Hack Kills Your Wi-Fi Privacy

From the article:

"To prevent the attack, users must update affected products as soon as security updates become available."

So I would like to update mine. On here HTC One M9 Software Update | Verizon Wireless  it says the M9 even has an android 7 update, but it looks that for my specific device (The LRA version) it doesn't work, or at least the sync manager doesn't find it.

Is your M9 currently active on a Verizon Wireless line of service?

No, I moved out of the country. That is why I must use the HTC Sync manager for this.

Does your cellular data work well?

It does.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for the updated information. OTA updates come directly from the provider. While this device might show an update available on our page, your device will only have updates available through your service provider. There is a chance that these updates are not able to go through your network. Have you tried contacting HTC? Have they been able to provide you any insight on this?

JavierMD_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
swalker1234
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi Javier,

Yes, I contacted HTC. This was their response:

"HTC Sync Manager was our last option since LRA is a program of Verizon and we haven't created a ROM for this carrier due to the Verizon's policies."

"Also for the Verizon's LTE Rural America (LRA), we haven't released a ROM because the phones manufactured for this program must receive the updates via OTA, so basically the phone must be working in the USA in order for you to update the phone to Nougat."

So the only thing left for me to do was to contact Verizon, and here I am Smiley Happy Hoping there is a way I can get the update.

0 Likes