HTC Sync doesn't see HTC One M8
Lenhub

Using the latest version of HTC Sync, when I plug in my phone with teh USB cable to my computer in will say "connecting" and loading data showing the model number and then after about one minute the phone is no longer displayed and it says reconnect the phone.  I do this and the cycle repeats.  I am using Windows 8.1.  Any ideas on what settings should be used on teh phone and the computer?

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: HTC Sync doesn't see HTC One M8
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
Lenhub,

We definitely want you to be able to connect your HTC One M8 to your pc. Let's make sure you got everything set up correctly. Check out this link to make sure it is: http://vz.to/1IMc4x2

Keep us posted if you notice any differences.

ChristinaM_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
lunasmiles
Enthusiast - Level 2

I just experienced a similar problem, with the computer not recognizing the HTC One M8 when I connected it.  HTC Sync Manager didn't recognize it either.  I had to unplug the phone, uninstall sync manager, reboot the computer, plug in the phone.  Then the computer downloaded a new device driver for the phone, then finally the computer recognized my phone.

Every single time Verizon sends a software update, something goes wrong that I have to deal with!  I think it's finally time for me to switch to an Iphone!

0 Likes
GBWILT

I am having the same problem.  The HTC Sync does not recognise my Verizon HTC One M8.  I have uninstall the HTC Sync, reinstalled it and still it doesnt recognise the phone.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

GBWILT, having your phone properly syncing is always important. When attempting the sync, are you using the original manufacturer USB cord? After uninstalling the sync, did you plug te device to the computer to locate the correct drivers before reinstalling sync?

LorenB_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes