Help with my Pantech Breakout!
kerrianneta

I have a Pantech Breakout and overall it is functioning fine.  However, when I sent a text message I ALWAYS get a message in my notification bar saying that the message has failed to send.  I have checked with who I am sending my texts to and there have been no problems with others receiving my message.  How do I turn off the failed notification?  How do I fix it from thinking that all my messages are failing to send?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Help with my Pantech Breakout!
LatachaM_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hello kerrianneta,

I know receiving this notification can be very frustrating when the message has been received. I am here to help. To stop notifications, please follow the steps I provided below:

Select Home

Select Messaging

Select Menu

Select Settings

Go to Notifications Settings

Under Notifications un-select display message notifications in status bar

Let me know if this helps.

LatachaM_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
blubterfly86

i also have this issue, and yes turning off the notifications makes it go away. but then you cant get any notifications. i still want my notifications. i want the error to go away,,HELPPPP

0 Likes
ERIXO

I switched from another carrier to Verizon due to coverage issues and happened to like the slim figure of the Pantech Breakout..well, I'll be damned the day I laid my eyes on this model. I've had the phone replaced for refurbished ones at least 3 times now and waiting for the fourth one on its way already. The same issue keeps coming back like a ghost. The messaging app is the downside:It takes for ever to open and to send, drops messages, keeps receiving messages sent hours or days earlier and finally; in this last phone; all of a sudden, without any reason, every time I touched the P letter, it would closed the dialogue box or when touching "space" it would delete the whole line. I have been to my Verizon center since the first episode, the guy lives in denial. He even opens the www, with the display facing him of course, and has the cold blood to tell me: There is no reference whatsoever in the web to the problem " You are reporting". So all I get over and over is a refurbished illegitimate son and after a couple weeks, the nightmare starts over. Smiley Sad

PS: Yes, unfortunately it's true. I have the same notification issue in my last cell. I also managed to make it disappear that way but then, I don't get notified with incoming messages. Solution: Have it changed!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello ERIXO,  I commend you for your patience in this situation and I understand it is wearing thin. You stated you were waiting for a replacement at the time of your post.  Have you received the device?  How has it been working for you?  I would like to continue to check up on the status to ensure you are having a positive experience.

Thank You,

YaleK_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWsupport

0 Likes
ERIXO
0 Likes
jabbs28
Enthusiast - Level 1

I hate this phone!  I've never had so many issues.  First, I had the blackout screen off and on, now I have memory issues.  No matter how often I clear the memory, it still tells me it's full.  I've deleted applications to add memory and that still doesn't work.  As of today, I can't even get all text messages.  Unfortunately, I do not have another phone to call from.  This is horribly frustrating and I need to resolve this.  Anyone else have this same issue?  Internal memory showing 5.2 mb and sd card has over 2 gb available.  This is just incredibly ridiculous.  Help, PLEASE!