How can I leave a group text message that I did not initiate?
Josiedan
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am nearly over my limit for this month because someone had a baby and sent a picture as a group text message. Then I got replies from everyone else who received the message and then the replies to the replies. I don't WANT this. I need a way to leave the group text other than saying, "Hey, please take me off of this group text." When I do that, I'm the bad guy because I seem to not care about the new baby. In reality, I don't care what OTHERS have to say about the new baby. Help me!  Thanks.

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: How can I leave a group text message that I did not initiate?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Josiedan-

I certainly understand your concern specially if you want to avoid any messaging overages. Some devices have this option so we can look into this further. What make/model phone you have? Keep us posted!

CarmenT_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Josiedan
Enthusiast - Level 2

Im on an LGG2.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for confirming, @Josiedan!

Are you using the Verizon Messages application to send and receive text messages on your device or are you using the preloaded "Messaging" application?

AnthonyTa_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Josiedan
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am using Verizon Messages.

On Jul 28, 2015 1:33 PM, "Verizon Wireless Customer Support" <

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Verizon messages is a great text app to use with your phone Josiedan. I know how you feel about those group messages though. They can get annoying pretty quickly sometimes! Although this phone doesn't allow you to exit the group message, what you can do is mute the conversation. This way you don't get the notifications every time someone replies to the group. To set this up: open Messages+ on your phone. Click on the group message thread. Click on the Menu icon at top left (3 lines horizontal). Then select Mute Conversation.

NicoleB_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Josiedan
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks for that, but as I said in my original message, my concern is that

the group messages are eating up my message allotment. I don't have

unlimited texts. The answer appears to be that I need a different brand of

phone. What a shame. I like this phone. But it's gotta go.

Thanks.

On Jul 30, 2015 3:27 PM, "Verizon Wireless Customer Support" <

arizonasprings
Enthusiast - Level 1

Your's is a poor answer.  It's hard to believe that you can't exit a group text message.  Seems like Verizon has a scam going on this one.  

deloused
Master - Level 3

That’s how group messaging works, same as with all carriers (as well as emails). 

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

The original thread is from 2015, So assume the OP got her issue fixed by now.   Hopefully the OP switched to a more current plan with unlimited text. 

As for “how to leave a group text”. You can’t.   You can ask the original sender to remove you.   It doesn’t matter what carrier you use, it’s how text works.  

0 Likes