How do I activate my hotspot?
PAUGES47

On the New Verizon Plan Smalll 2GB, how to find my hotspot? My reason for buying this phone J3 was so I could get internet service in the car while traveling. I am on a learning curve and need to know how to access my mobile hotspot

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: the new verizon plan small 2gb how to find my hotspot
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Turn Mobile Hotspot On / Off - Samsung Galaxy J3 V / J3 (2016) | Verizon Wireless

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

View solution in original post

Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Turn Mobile Hotspot On / Off - Samsung Galaxy J3 V / J3 (2016) | Verizon Wireless

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

PAUGES47, we want you to use that device to it's full potential. You mentioned that you subscribe to a 2GB data plan. Does your plan include the Mobile Hotspot feature? You can verify what's included in your plan online at My Verizon: http://vz.to/2aK7Rwi

Did you enable the Hotspot feature on by tapping Settings>Mobile Hotspot and Tethering>Enabled ON?

LasinaH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

The previous advice on activating and connecting to your hotspot is good.  My question to you is this: "How do you intend to use the hotspot?"  To connect your computer/laptop?  Be aware that will use data at a rate greater than 2GB a month, most likely. 

What will you do on the computer when connected?  If it's merely checking email and some social media, then you are going to use less data by connecting through email and apps on the phone.  A bit more information will help us guide you to the most efficient use of your 2GB data plan!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

PAUGES47-

Mobile Hotspot is a great feature to use so I'm glad you're inquiring about it. May I ask if you were able to go into your phone settings to ensure Mobile Hotspot was enabled? On the other hand, to connect your car to maps or any other features that require data access, you may need a third party app. I would suggest contacting your car dealer to inquire the ability to connect your car to your phone's internet. Please keep me posted.

CarmenT_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes