How do I block Email text messages from many different emails?
levinsona
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm getting emails to my phone number (so they appear as text messages) from hundreds of different accounts. They all have the same content. I don't ever use the email to text feature, so if I could either create a rule that excluded messages with that content, or turn off the feature please tell me where to go.

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: How do I block Email text messages from many different emails?
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Log into your on-line MyVerizon account and look to the left under Account Management, then click on See More Options.  Click on Block Calls and Messages.  On the right under Related Actions, click Block Internet Spam.  At the bottom of the page, put a check beside Block All Text Messages Sent From E-mail, then click Apply.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Log into your on-line MyVerizon account and look to the left under Account Management, then click on See More Options.  Click on Block Calls and Messages.  On the right under Related Actions, click Block Internet Spam.  At the bottom of the page, put a check beside Block All Text Messages Sent From E-mail, then click Apply.

0 Likes
CroMag676
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am trying to find this option as well but my menu options do not match your instructions.  The Block Calls and Messages option is under Device Management and the page it takes me to has no options on the right side.  It only gives me the option to block specific numbers.

tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

The web site has been revamped since those instructions were provided.

Once you're logged onto your MyVerizon account, look to the right where it says I Want To and enter 'block' in the box.  You should then get a drop-down where you can choose Block Calls & Messages or Block Internet Spam.

0 Likes
jkalmt
Enthusiast - Level 2

Need a current answer to this - Samsung S20 - just started receiving texts using hotmail email addresses.   there is no option to block as there is no phone number.  When i "press & hold" on the message to attempt to forward as spam, nothing happens.  No options to forward.  

Looking for help on how to block these spam text/emails - thank you

KH-OrnEsh
Moderator Emeritus

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want this resolved ASAP.  When did this issue first start?  Are they all the same or different email addresses?