How do I confirm that my global data is working?
ejkoss7

I signed up for the $25/100 MB global data plan for a work trip, but I'm not sure it's working.  I have received a notification that I'm roaming, and I'm afraid to allow data roaming because it will be $20/ 1 MB if my global data plan isn't working.  Also, the verizon guy said that the global access would kick in automatically, all I had to do was turn off my phone and turn it back on.  Not sure if I need to data roaming or not...

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: How do I confirm that my global data is working?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

ejkoss7,

We definitely want you to be able to stay connected while you travel. You are able to confirm if the Global data feature is on your account via your My Verizon login. www.vzw.com Assuming that your account is set up with the Global Data plan and you are in a country that supports it, the Global data plan will supercede the pay as you go roaming charges. Also, your device will need to allow roaming data in order to function outside of the U.S. Should you have any concerns about what data options are available for the country you are in click here www.vzw.com/tripplanner

SandyS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

ejkoss7,

We definitely want you to be able to stay connected while you travel. You are able to confirm if the Global data feature is on your account via your My Verizon login. www.vzw.com Assuming that your account is set up with the Global Data plan and you are in a country that supports it, the Global data plan will supercede the pay as you go roaming charges. Also, your device will need to allow roaming data in order to function outside of the U.S. Should you have any concerns about what data options are available for the country you are in click here www.vzw.com/tripplanner

SandyS_VZW

0 Likes
ejkoss7

I logged in and I'm not sure where to check that the global plan has been

added. The summary of my usage only shows the 10 GB of data for our shared

family plan; nothing for global data. Also, when I go to "My Account",

then, "My Services and Plans" it shows a box for Global Services, but when

I click on either of the links it takes me to a page asking if I want to

add a global services plan.

I spoke to a Verizon representative via live chat on Friday, and he

supposedly added it just to my line, as the other 2 lines in our family

plan don't need it. I'm just not sure it has been added or where I'm

supposed to look to confirm that it's been added.

On Mon, Jan 19, 2015 at 2:22 PM, Verizon Wireless Customer Support <

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

ejkoss7,

No worries, we can get you in the right spot! When logged into your account, from the main landing page select Change Minutes, Text or Data from the menu down the left side of your screen. Under the Manage My Account section. (You may need the click on the arrow to expand out that section to view all options.) Once that page has loaded, you will see an International & Global tab, please select that tab. You can scroll through the available global options, those that you currently have on your account will show selected. Be sure to scroll to the Global Roaming section to confirm if the Global Data plan is showing as "Selected", if not, you can click to "Select"  and continue with this feature change.

SandyS_VZW

0 Likes