How do I remove the WiFi calling notification?
cdem66
Enthusiast - Level 1

I can't find the answer as to how to permanently dismiss the wifi calling notification.  It is very annoying and nothing has worked including turning off notifications and power cycling the phone.  I also tried "activate" and "cancel", again it keeps popping up.  Help!

2018-07-26 08.30.41.jpg

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: How do I remove the WiFi calling notification?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Being able to turn off the Wi-Fi calling notification is very important and you’ve come to the right place for help, cdem66.  From the screenshot, it looks like you have a Samsung device.  You can’t turn off the notification, but you can stop it from showing.  You would need to swipe the notification to the right so that it shows the settings gear on the left hand side and tap on the gear.  You can then turn the notification off and it should not re-appear unless you reset app preferences.

Adam_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
cdem66
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hi Adam, your suggested answer did not work. I left swiped and turned off notifications.  This did not make it go away, i right swapped and  and it gave me the option to snooze for various timeframes.  I accidentally clicked on it, agreed to the terms and then canceled and that made it go away, which was the advise I got from another post, but it didn't work the first time I tried that.  I powered cycled the phone and the notification didn't come back.  I hope this is a permanent solution.  Thanks for your help!

Shermyth

Yes, it grayed out to turn off the notification.  Verizon I pay you for bandwidth, I want you to pay for mine if you want me to let you use it.

0 Likes
KH-OrnEsh
Moderator Emeritus

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

To clarify, are you trying to make it so that the notification to activate no longer shows? Or for it to not show when you make a call through Wi-Fi Calling? Keep in mind that these notifications do no use any of your internet as they are hardware notifications.

AlfredoL_VZW

0 Likes