How do I set an alert on my phone when a text is received?
MARINM25

How can I do this?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: set an alert on my phone when a text is received
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

There are a number of phones with the Moto Droid name; which specific model do you have?  The phone should have a pre-installed text app likely called Messaging and it probably is already a short-cut on your home screen.  Open the app, tap the three dots in the upper right-hand corner, tap Settings, ensure Notifications is checked, tap Sound, and choose your preferred notification sound.

View solution in original post

tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

There should be an option in the text app's settings to set a notification.  Which text app are you using?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Getting notified when you receive text messages is important and we can help figure this out.  What make and model device do you have?  Are you using the stock text messaging app or Verizon Messages / Message Plus?

AdamB_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
MARINM25

I don't have a Verizon app installed flor this.  Which should  I use?

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Which phone do you have?  It should have a text app pre-installed, likely called Messages or Messaging.  On some phones, Verizon Messages is also pre-installed.  You also can download a text app of your choice from the Play Store if you prefer.

0 Likes
MARINM25

Mortrola Droid

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

There are a number of phones with the Moto Droid name; which specific model do you have?  The phone should have a pre-installed text app likely called Messaging and it probably is already a short-cut on your home screen.  Open the app, tap the three dots in the upper right-hand corner, tap Settings, ensure Notifications is checked, tap Sound, and choose your preferred notification sound.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Making sure you never miss a text is very important  MARINM25 . If you have the original Motorola Droid, here are steps to help with your request. You can select Apps> Settings> sound and display >phone ringtone or Notification ringtone> Choose desired ringtone and select ok. I hope this is helpful.

KinquanaH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes