How do I stop random advertisment popups?
tstphns81

Hi! Sooooooooo the most annoying thing keeps happening where my phone activity gets interrupted by a random game advertisement from Google Play telling me to download a new game or that my Android OS needs to be updated and then takes me to the most random internet page. Is there some kind of glitch going around allowing this to happen? Like I can be in the middle of a text or about to make a call when my screen goes blank and just takes me to Google Play. Someone help please!!!

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Google play advertisements taking over Phone
Tidbits
Legend

That's not from Google play. That's from a game or app you downloaded. Next time it happens pull down the shade tap and hold the notification. Then hit the i(if you are on lollipop). If you are on KitKat hit app info. Uncheck notification. Better recommendation is to remove it and don't bother with developers that do that.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Google play advertisements taking over Phone
Tidbits
Legend

That's not from Google play. That's from a game or app you downloaded. Next time it happens pull down the shade tap and hold the notification. Then hit the i(if you are on lollipop). If you are on KitKat hit app info. Uncheck notification. Better recommendation is to remove it and don't bother with developers that do that.

0 Likes