How do I use my Galaxy S5 with a Costa Rican sim card?
CrystalA

Hi - Do I need to change any settings for my Samsung Galaxy S5 to work in Costa Rica with a pre-paid sim card from Kolbi?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: How do I use my Galaxy S5 with a Costa Rican sim card?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I hope you're enjoying your time in Costa Rica, CrystalA. You're able to just use the prepay SIM card in your phone, (taking out your current VZW one). You'll also need to go into Settings> Mobile Networks> Network Mode> GSM/UMTS.

VanessaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this.

0 Likes
CrystalA

Thank you! So it will work with Band 7 (2600) for LTE?

On Thu, Mar 3, 2016 at 6:57 AM, Verizon Wireless Customer Support <

0 Likes
Not applicable

specs say

Global - EDGE/GSM (850/900/1800/1900), HSPA/UMTS(850/900/1900/2100)

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

CrystalA,

Making sure you can use your phone in Costa Rica is key. I know when I’m away, I need to still stay in touch with others. This phone only is capable of Band 13, 3 & 4. With you putting a Costa Rica SIM card into your phone, you will need to reach out to this local cell provider for them to provide you assistance. Please have a wonderful time away!

AliciaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes