I am hard of hearing or like I say deaf......
elj1977

When I was with T-Mobile for almost ten yrs, I had an app through them that transcribed my voicemails to text so I can read them since I couldn't hear. Now that I've been with Verizon for a yr now and was using the Google voice app which did transcribe my voicemails for free which was a big help, but now it won't work ever since the lollipop 5.1 update. I've been looking in Google play for another app to do what I need, but they all charge that service and I don't agree on that since its required for us deaf people. Would U want to pay for the closed captions as extra on ur TVs? I don't think so. If there's an app out there that could do that for my voicemails, pls let me know, thank U.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: I am hard of hearing or like I say deaf......
elj1977

P.s, I'm currently still trying to get my voicemail to work again. Callers are now getting the your call cannot be completed, please try again. I don't know what else to do except keep Google searching for a resolve to this issue.

0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

As you've discovered, Verizon's solution to this problem is to subscribe to the Premium version of Visual Voicemail. This matrix shows what plans Verizon has Voicemail to Text capabilities: http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/voice-mail-comparison/

It sounds like the solution you were using in the past was to have Google Voice answer your call and then handle the voicemail recording and transcription end. Did you subscribe to Google Voice at the time? Or, is Google Voice still configured to use your existing mobile number?

0 Likes
elj1977

Google voice is still supposed to be hooked up to my own Verizon number as before. I checked and rechecked it through my Google acct and in my phone settings. I noticed this where I wasn't getting my voicemails in Google voice after that lollipop 5.1 software update cuz they went to Verizon's voicemail instead. I don't know what else to do cuz I do need that feature working cuz I'm deaf. If Verizon has a special transcription package for deaf people, I wanna know bout it.

0 Likes
elj1977

P.s, I have the Sony Xperia Z3v running the new software lollipop 5.1.

0 Likes