I'm just gonna throw this out there
ChefZaxmyth

I purchased the Moto Z Force Droid the day it became available from Verizon, only to find out that Best Buy was offering a GREAT deal selling one for $1 with the JBL speaker mod for free at the same time. I was a little put off that I had missed it, but I love the phone so I was fine with it. Today I just heard that now, because for some reason people aren't buying the Z or the Z Force (I honestly can't think of any reasons why, it is by FAR the best phone I have ever owned, and I've owned a LOT of phones in my 15 years with Verizon) that now motorola is offering promo codes for 2 free moto mods with the purchase of either phone. . . Not cool. I've been a loyal Motorola fan since I bought my first smartphone 11 years ago, I got the Moto Z Force Droid edition the second it was available, Verizon only had the 32 gig version available unless I went straight to Moto, and it didn't even come with a set of earbuds just a usb-C to 3.5mm adapter? Is there anything that can be done to make this mod deal a thing I'm given too? The only reason I didn't buy any mods when I bought the phone is because they weren't even released yet so I couldn't. Now they are literally handing mods out and telling people to tell their friends the promo codes so they can get free mods too. At the risk of sounding like a terrible person, I would like my loyalty rewarded. I didn't need to be "bribed" into taking a chance on this product because I have doubts about it, I couldn't wait to own it because I had NO doubt it would blow the competition away. I have been straightening out an email to send to both Motorola and Verizon customer service that basically says what I just did, along with how I have no problem leaving, especially when other companies will pay my ETF and give me a phone. Anyone have any idea if this'll make them extend the deal to me? I know I am being petty, but it really does get to me that I will  have to pay full price for any of the mods they offer when they're making deals with everyone else. I have a couple friends who did something similar to this when LG started offering an extra battery and a charging dock with the G3 after they received nothing for pre-ordering it, and they got a battery and dock within a week, so time will tell I guess?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: I'm just gonna throw this out there
rcschnoor
Legend

ChefZaxmyth wrote:

that now motorola is offering promo codes for 2 free moto mods with the purchase of either phone. . .

I have been straightening out an email to send to both Motorola and Verizon customer service that basically says what I just did, along with how I have no problem leaving, especially when other companies will pay my ETF and give me a phone. Anyone have any idea if this'll make them extend the deal to me?

Since you are talking about a MOTOROLA promotion, I am unsure what you expect Verizon to do. I can understand contacting MOTOROLA and asking for an exemption for the promotion, but I wouldn't expect much. There are likely clear begin and end dates to the promotion and from your story, I assume you fall outside those dates. Good luck.

For what it is worth, that promotion is not even listed on Verizon's website for the Moto Z Force Droid Edition.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

ChefZaxmyth wrote:

that now motorola is offering promo codes for 2 free moto mods with the purchase of either phone. . .

I have been straightening out an email to send to both Motorola and Verizon customer service that basically says what I just did, along with how I have no problem leaving, especially when other companies will pay my ETF and give me a phone. Anyone have any idea if this'll make them extend the deal to me?

Since you are talking about a MOTOROLA promotion, I am unsure what you expect Verizon to do. I can understand contacting MOTOROLA and asking for an exemption for the promotion, but I wouldn't expect much. There are likely clear begin and end dates to the promotion and from your story, I assume you fall outside those dates. Good luck.

For what it is worth, that promotion is not even listed on Verizon's website for the Moto Z Force Droid Edition.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

ChefZaxmyth wrote:

I purchased the Moto Z Force Droid the day it became available from Verizon, only to find out that Best Buy was offering a GREAT deal selling one for $1 with the JBL speaker mod for free at the same time.

Best Buy sells VZW phones on a 2 year contract still.  That's why their promo price looked so low.  There is the $40 access charge (for subsidized-priced phones) included with contract plans.

0 Likes
ChefZaxmyth

It's not a Verizon promotion, which you know because you just said it was a Motorola promotion, so no, it isn't listed on the website. As far as the dates, it's a current promotion, just started even, so it hasn't ended yet. And I have no problem returning my phone to Verizon and buying one outright through Motorola for the promo but sometimes companies will offer a competing deal, or even the same one if they can, to keep business. What's the worst that could happen, they say no? I'm not losing anything to try y'know?

0 Likes
ChefZaxmyth

Their promo price looked low because it was $1 for the phone and a $280 mod for free with a 2 year contract and no access charge in the fine print. They were charging more than the $20-30 VZW charges for activation, in the neighborhood of $50, but even still that's $51 for nearly $1200 in merchandise. Deals aren't that good on Black Friday hahaha

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

ChefZaxmyth wrote:

Their promo price looked low because it was $1 for the phone and a $280 mod for free with a 2 year contract and no access charge in the fine print. They were charging more than the $20-30 VZW charges for activation, in the neighborhood of $50, but even still that's $51 for nearly $1200 in merchandise. Deals aren't that good on Black Friday hahaha

The fine print stated you would have "no line access charge during your 2 yr contract" or it didn't mention it? I would be EXTREMELY surprised if you would have NO line access charged for a line on a Verizon account with the Verizon Plan.

I went to Best But website, saw the Moto Z Force Droid for $100 with the JBL Moto Mod but could see anywhere that said there would be no line access fee.

0 Likes
ChefZaxmyth

It didn't say it in the fine print, usually it does. I would've been pretty upset if I had gone through them and on my first bill *surprise!*.

The Best Buy promo was when the Z Force first came out, very end of September and first part of August. The Moto one is the one going on currently, apparently their numbers aren't where they want for the Z and Z Force. I think after the G5, everyone is spooked by the word "Mods" now honestly so they just aren't buying them.

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

ChefZaxmyth wrote:

It didn't say it in the fine print, usually it does. I would've been pretty upset if I had gone through them and on my first bill *surprise!*.

Then you would have been upset because if you are on the More Everything or the Verizon Plan, lines under a 2yr service contract have a $40/month line access fee. More Everything on a payment plan will have a $15 or $25 line access fee depending on data allowance. More Everything out of contract MAY have a $15 or $25 line access fee depending on data allowance. Verizon Plan on payment plan or out of contract will have a $20 line access fee.