I recieved a android download this morning, and my phone has been trying to download Verizon all day. any idea of a problem?
ymlttyd

phone is out of order since android download this morning

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: I recieved a android download this morning, and my phone has been trying to download Verizon all day. any idea of a problem?
bearone21
Legend

network speeds are 5-12mbps at best.....download with wi-fi!

0 Likes
Re: I recieved a android download this morning, and my phone has been trying to download Verizon all day. any idea of a problem?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I rely on my phone daily and want to ensure your update completes so you can rely on your device, ymlttyd. Let's look into this and figure out what's going on. What is the make and model of your phone? Was your update being processed on WiFi or the Verizon network? What do you see on the screen of your phone now?

Danielle_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
willhelp2
Enthusiast - Level 2

I had this issue before. What I did is I stopped the download. I went to settings and application manager to force stop the application (Play Store) to stop it from downloading the other app. The app I tried to download was from Play Store.

Another situation like this happened to me before I realized that Play Store also has apps that spams advertisements that when you clicked it, it will download something and it won't go away. The solution to that is to find the app that showed the advertisement (which usually doesn't show which app did it). Usually these apps are like flashlight apps, cleaner apps, fake anti-virus apps, or battery apps. Removing the source of the advertisement usually fixes the downloading issue.

If the download you did was from Play Store, then just Force Stop it from application manager. If it is from other places, then find that app that did it then Force Stop it or uninstall it if not needed.

Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

That option won't work if the download was an Android OS update.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes