Issue charging phone when plugging into computer
G3_S5
Enthusiast - Level 3

So shortly after the new 23C update I'm no longer able to charge my phone when I connect it to a computer.  It does not matter which computer I plug into all of them give me the same error message, "USB device not recognized, The last USB device you connected to this computer malfunctioned and Windows does not recognize it."  I get this same error message on every computer I try.  On the device I get an error message stating "To charge your phone, install USB driver or use the charger and cable that were provided with this phone."  I'm using the cable that was provided with the phone and I have installed the USB drivers on all of the computers I have tried.  Since the phone never connects I'm unable to access any data on it to transfer to my computer.  I need this fixed.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Issue charging phone when plugging into computer
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
Help has arrived, G3>S5! Sorry you are having issues connecting your phone to a computer using a USB cable. Fix is our middle name and we will work on a resolution together. When was the update done on your phone? Have you tried using another USB cable to see if this works? Try placing your phone in safe mode and then try to plug it in to see if it works http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-112843/ .
JorgeO_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
Help has arrived, G3>S5! Sorry you are having issues connecting your phone to a computer using a USB cable. Fix is our middle name and we will work on a resolution together. When was the update done on your phone? Have you tried using another USB cable to see if this works? Try placing your phone in safe mode and then try to plug it in to see if it works http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-112843/ .
JorgeO_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
G3_S5
Enthusiast - Level 3

The update was done with the last several weeks. I have tried a new USB cable and it does the same thing.

0 Likes
Not applicable

Ok, so for now if you have data that  needs to be transfered, I suggest using a wfi file transfer app. My two favorites are SuperBeam and AirDroid. Specific SuperBeam. So fast. Any way, I would like to suggest that you head over to XDA Developers Web site. They can help out. Most likely. I have had this issue with my GS3 a while back. I do not remember what the fix was. But,it was fixed. Aside from a physically broken port. I have confidence it will be all good.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

To transfer files without USB, simply use Wireless Storage feature...you can find it in the quick toggles in the notification bar and in Share and Connect in phone settings.

0 Likes