LG G3 Bluetooth problems after Marshmallow update
Renaldo
Enthusiast - Level 2

Since receiving the Marshmallow update, my LG G3 refuses to pair with my Basis Peak fitness monitor, pairs intermittently with my Aukey wireless headphones, and causes erratic operation of my Wahoo Kickr Snap smart bike trainer. Has anyone else been experiencing Bluetooth problems? Any potential solutions?

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: LG G3 Bluetooth problems after Marshmallow update
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Renaldo, I too would be just as equally concerned with bluetooth connectivity issues. With the latest OS update to Marshmallow, it is very likely that the bluetooth stack version was updated as well.

Bluetooth services are constantly being updated to allow for new bluetooth features, and it is possible that your devices may need to be updated to the most recent updated software version their respective manufacturers have released.

Just in case, have you tried deleting/unpairing all you devices, powering off/on your phone, and pairing/testing each device one by one? That may help as well.

Please keep us posted!

NicandroN_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Espovt
Enthusiast - Level 2

I Too have issues with my Bluetooth not pairing with my blood pressure unit. It worked fine with lollipop. I have tried everything. My wife's iPhone 6 continues to connect to the blood pressure unit just fine. Also disappointed the LG3 health app stopled showing steps counted. I switched to Google Fit App.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Making sure you're able to take advantage of all the features your device has is important, Espovt. We want to make sure you can continue to use all of your accessories. Besides the software update on the phone has anything else changed? Are all of your applications up to date?

JosephE_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
reod

I am having similar issues with Wahoo TICKR heart rate monitor and RPM cadence sensor after upgrading to marshmallow. The sensors will pair but disconnect every 10-15s basically making them unusable. I've tried factory resetting, pairing/unpairing, and resetting network settings, none of which seemed to help.

0 Likes
Elaine199

I am also having problems with my Bluetooth working on the LG G3 since the update. The sound is now choppy/staticky on both ends. I listen to music fine on the bluetooth, but when I answer the phone, it's not a clear communication. I tested it on my dad's phone, and it works fine.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for the details. May we ask if you are able to factory reset the device?

KleoL_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
Elaine199

I have a Motorola H17, and I don't know how to factory reset it. When the problem started a few days ago, I unpaired and re-paired my Bluetooth, I restarted my phone, all to no avail. I finally thought to try it out on another phone and it works fine there.

--

Sent from myMail app for Android Wednesday, 24 February 2016, 01:42AM -07:00 from Verizon Wireless Customer Support < forums@verizonwireless.com> :

>A message from the Verizon Wireless Community

>LG G3 Bluetooth problems after Marshmallow update created by Verizon Wireless Customer Support in LG G3 - View the full discussion

0 Likes
mikesd222
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have also had problems since installing the Marshmallow update last week on my LG G3.  I use the Garmin Connect app and it continuously connects/disconnects with my Garmin Vivoactive watch.  I have:

Uninstalled/Reinstalled the app on the LG G3 Verizon Phone

Updated the software on the Vivoactive watch

Rebooted watch & LG G3 Verizon phone

Tried pairing the LG G3 Verizon phone with another Vivoactive watch (unsuccessful)

Tried pairing my Vivoactive watch with an iPhone (succesfully)

My Vivoactive watch successfully paired with a Garmin Bluetooth heart rate monitor, so I don't think it's the Bluetooth on the watch.

The Garmin Connect app and the watch pair through a different route then normal pairing through the Android settings.  Garmin has their own in-app pairing process.  When I first tried to pair the Vivoactive watch and the LG G3 Verizon phone, it took numerous attempts before it would complete the pairing process.  The Garmin app shows details when it's going through the pairing process and it was seeming to stop on step where the phone was sending a settings file to the watch.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Having all your apps and accessories working with your phone is essential mikesd222. We want to do everything that we can to get this working. With Marshmallow being such a new system, it is possible that the watch’s app hasn’t been optimized yet for this operating system. When you go into the Play Store, locate the Garmin app. Read through the details to see if it specifically mentions compatibility to Marshmallow. If not, you will want to send a quick message to the developers to ask them if it is. When on the app details in the Play Store, the developers contact information will be available to you.

NicoleB_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes