LG G3 Time Zone Error
njbattaglia

I downloaded the Lollipop update on April 14, and ever since, my phone keeps jumping to the wrong time zone. It goes between 4-7 hour ahead of the correct time. It'll go back to the right time if I restart it but it'll jump ahead again either immediately or after a few hours. Any suggestions?

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: LG G3 Time Zone Error
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
Oh no njbattaglia! I want to make sure you have the right time! Please check your time http://spr.ly/6580fdOe setting to make sure they are correct. Is anyone else having this issue?
AmberF_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
Oh no njbattaglia! I want to make sure you have the right time! Please check your time http://spr.ly/6580fdOe setting to make sure they are correct. Is anyone else having this issue?
AmberF_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
njbattaglia

It was happening consistently for about a week, and it hasn't happened since I posted this so... thanks, I guess? Problem solved!

0 Likes
missmoushie

same issue here. been happening before and after upgrade. I'm in Scottsdale az

0 Likes
mianome72

Since the update to Lollipop, my phone jumps 7 hours at random times but happens daily. If I reboot the phone it corrects itself but then jumps again. This problem isn't limited to my LG G3, another phone on my account does the same thing.

I looked at the article recommended and both boxes are checked for the Date & Time settings to grab it from the network. I have notices that this only seems to happen when I'm home and I have poor 4G coverage at home. The other phone that is experiencing the loss of time only losses time at home. Perhaps it is a tower issue near to where I live.

Overall not a fan of the changes, don't care for the change to the Back, Home and Menu buttons and no noticeable improvement but it is what it is. That I can deal with, the time thing impacts meeting reminders on my calendar and alarm clock.

0 Likes
mianome72

I don't know where you are in Scottsdale but I work off of 101 & Raintree and there is horrible 4G service here as well as when I'm home. I had posted a comment that the time problem happens daily, primarily when I'm home and it does the same thing to another phone on my account. Make me think it is a tower issue and not a software update issue since the Date & Time setting are grabbing from the tower.

Does this happen to you only when you're in Scottsdale?

How often does this happen to you?

Does it right itself or do you have to reboot your phone?

The VZW CS response is SO generic and doesn't ask any troubleshooting questions. Pointing us to an article isn't "help", deductive reasoning would lead us to the Date & Time settings.

0 Likes
mianome72

What type of resolution can we expect when you haven't asked the people impacted by the problem any troubleshooting questions?

This response to an issue "Oh no njbattaglia! I want to make sure you have the right time!"...I get that it is an attempt at being personable in text form; it's not helpful and doesn't seem professional. An equally unhelpful kick-off to a discussion would be Smiley Sad

Like I said in the response to missmoushie experiencing this problem, deductive reasoning would bring the average person to the Date & Time settings. So referring us to an article on HOW to check the date and time settings is just a baby step is resolving this problem. Assume we've all read the article, the settings are correct and it is still broken, now what do you suggest?

Wouldn't your technical team need to know when did it start happening?

• How often does it happen?
  • Where is it happening?
  • Have you tried rebooting your phone?
  • Did it continue to happen after rebooting your phone?
  • Did you check the settings to make sure the Auto-date & Time and Auto-time zone boxes are both checked?
  • Are they correct?
  • Did it continue to happen?
0 Likes
mianome72

Not solved. All you've been supplied with is an article on how to check your settings.

Please share your answers to the questions below with us so maybe WE can figure it out since CS basically gave you a Smiley Sad for a response.

• How often does it happen?
  • Where is it happening? (I've experienced it in NE Mesa, AZ and another person in Scottsdale, AZ)
  • Have you tried rebooting your phone?
  • Did it continue to happen after rebooting your phone?
  • Did you check the settings to make sure the Auto-date & Time and Auto-time zone boxes are both checked?
  • Are they correct?
  • Did it continue to happen?
0 Likes
njbattaglia

1. Every few days. It's not consistently happening; it'll happen twice in one day, and then not again for a week.

2. No specific location

3. Rebooting = restarting: I have tried. Rebooting = factory reset: I haven't tried.

4. Restarting will correct the time, but then it'll go back to being incorrect eventually.

5. Auto-date and auto-time are both checked.

6. It has my correct time zone, but the incorrect time for the time zone.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
njbattaglia,

We want you to have the correct time on your device. I appreciate the details you have provided by answering the questions from mianome72. I see you said it doesn't happen in a certain location, however, do you notice if it happens if you are indoors or out? What zipcode are you in? Are you always in the same zipcode when this issue happens? Do you know if this issue happens around the same time of day when it occurs?

LindseyT_VZW

0 Likes