LG G3 and wireless charging
eiscott

Has anyone been able to use wireless charging on the G3 without buying a special back cover?  It's supposed to be Qi compliant but the Nokia DT-900 charging pad I used with my HTC DNA does not work.  I've also tried a Samsung one and the LG model.  Store employees are clueless..

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: LG G3 and wireless charging
Tidbits
Legend

It needs a back plate.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

Korea and US models do. The European model does not... Don't why as I am not LG.

0 Likes
eiscott

The strange this is, the factory back plate appears to have some circuitry built in and there art 2 contacts in theback plate that match up to contacts in the phone.G3 Backplate.jpg

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

That's for NFC antenna there's a total of 4 pins top two NFC bottom two is for wireless charging.

0 Likes
eiscott

Can you recommend where I can get the correct battery cover?  I'm pretty upset with Verizon not being up front on this.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

They all are like this in Korea as well as the US carriers. EBay or Amazon. There is a quick circle case that does it but its $60.

0 Likes
nprguy
Enthusiast - Level 2

The only OFFICIALLY available accessory that enables QI wireless charging is the Quick Circle case sold by Verizon.

I ordered that and it worked with my TYLT QI  charger. However, the back of the case is bulkier than the original, non-wireless back and that prevented it from working with my belt holster case combo. After tedious online searching, I found a company (e Trade Supply)  that ships the original, wireless-enabled back from Hong Kong. Here's the URL:

LG G3 LS990 Battery Door White 

When searching for the battery door that enables wireless charging, you must pay close attention to the contacts inside the door. There should be 4 contacts, not 2, but important that the two pairs of contacts are separated by a larger space, not evenly spaced. Good Luck

nprguy
Enthusiast - Level 2

ps... Yes, store employees ARE clueless...even at the official corporate stores, I have found that they can't answer the simplest questions, including one I had about searching through apps. I found out through the folks who support the Touchdown Outlook synch app about the long-press on the recent-apps key to access search and other hidden menu items. Store help was helpless.

0 Likes
stef7
Master - Level 2
0 Likes