LG G3 display rarely works
Gameplay4fun

It started yesterday morning. My LG G3 was fine around 8am, but around 11am for some reason it wouldn't turn on when I pressed the power button or double tap the screen. I took the battery out and restarted, but nothing seems to fix it. After trying several times I was able to get the screen to turn on, but after a few seconds it automatically turned off and during that time for some reason my WhatsApp was saying my Date and Time was wrong, but it was correct. I was able to turn off Screen Timeout and Battery Saver, but that didn't seem to help. During my attempt to diagnose the problem I did notice some strange things like before when I would restart my phone the LG logo would appear for a few seconds and then the Verizon logo for several seconds to a minute, but during the numerous restarts I never saw the Verizon logo, but did see the LG logo. Also, last night I noticed the display is powered and on because I saw the backlight, there was no icons or widgets displayed. Finally I've noticed that while trying to test something that if I'm playing music it will continue to play even when the screen darkens, but when I press the power button it does stop.

Has anyone experienced this problem before? Any assistance will be greatly appreciated.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: LG G3 display rarely works
Snn5
Legend

Try Safe Boot first:

Hold power button long enough for power menu to pop up, if possible.  Then, long press on power off long enough for safe mode option to pop up.

If the screen won't appear for you, try this with power off.

With the device powered down,

press and hold the Volume up button,

the Volume down button

and the Power button.

Release only the Power button when the LG logo appears.

Release the Volume buttons when Safe Mode appears on the screen.

If the situation is resolved, you have an issue with a 3rd party app.  If not resolved, you may have a system file error.  At this point, you can factory reset the device.  If that doesn't help, you have a hardware issue.

0 Likes
Gameplay4fun

Thank You. I tried safe mode, but nothing worked. Does anyone know how to fix or at least what causes the screen to actually be powered and functioning, but not displaying the User Interface (icons/widget)? I recently was able to answer a phone call (no gestures activated so I would need to press the anser button) by pressing in the general area I remembered the answer call button is. So I am guessing it has something to do with the UI just not displaying on the working screen...

0 Likes
Re: Re: LG G3 display rarely works
Snn5
Legend

If not resolved, you may have a system file error.  At this point, you can factory reset the device.  If that doesn't help, you have a hardware issue.  Then you would need to opt for warranty repair or insurance.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I would also be concerned if I started experiencing difficulties with my screen not powering on Gameplay4fun. When did you start experiencing diffculties with your phone? Did you install anything new such as a third party app of software update when this started?

Thank You,
MichelleS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Gameplay4fun

A month ago I installed a new game called ReKillers and didn't have any problems until last Saturday September 26, 2015. Since my problems I uninstalled it and upon suggestion even Factory Resetted my phone. It seemed to work for a couple hours while I got my phone back to it's original state prior to downloading ReKillers, but then it started blacking out again. Weird thing is and kind of thankful for, but would rather it be completely working is that all I have to do is take the battery out and it works, but only for like an hour then the whole UI blacking out happens again. It kind of seems like it degrades the longer I use it the sooner it starts blacking out. I mentioned before when I used to remove the battery or restart my phone I would see the LG logo first or a few seconds then the Verizon logo for several seconds to a minute while the phone boots up, but now not only do I not see the Verizon logo I don't see the LG logo anymore either so I don't know if that is information that may point to what may be wrong with my phone's UI...

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Sounds like, with all you have tried, you should file for a warranty replacement if under 1 year since purchase, or replacement under your Verizon warranty/Insurance if you have such.