LG G6 reboot loop?
Hamdroid
Enthusiast - Level 3

My LG G3 recently started experiencing the dreaded but common reboot loop, caused by the wifi chip coming loose.  I fixed it by taking it apart and shimming it with a small piece of credit card, thank you youtube video (not something to try with a phone that's under warranty).  It worked great for a few weeks but is now flaking out again.  I'll try to fix it one more time before I replace it.  I'm eyeing the G6, and I know about the "corrupted" message caused by one of the updates, but for those of you who've had it for a while, any reboot loop?  Or wifi or bluetooth mysteriously stopping working?  Thanks.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: LG G6 reboot loop?
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

The G4, G5 and I believe the G6 all have the bootloop issue. So does the V10 and I believe some reports of the V20.

0 Likes
Hamdroid
Enthusiast - Level 3

Thanks, sigh.  I landed up removing my shims because they worked well for a couple of weeks then the phone started overheating.  Wifi worked fine for a couple of hours, then started overheating again, although this time my screen went dark, which I assume is related.  Rebooted again and turned off wifi, screen is back to normal.   I guess it really is time for a new phone.  I loved my G3 and had no issues with it for 2 1/2 years....trying to decide whether to take the risk with the L6, which does have a free 2nd year warranty that you can get from LG.   Coin toss, I guess.  Also looking at the Moto Zs.  I HATE having to choose a new phone.   Won't consider Samsung, don't trust them after owning the Galaxy Nexus with wifi that mostly didn't work plus various other exploding devices and appliances.   Gack.

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

If it makes a difference, LG has added a second year warranty on the LG.

LG G6: Register for a Complimentary Second Year Warranty | LG USA

All you have to do is register after you buy the phone.  The phone has been offered at half price by ATT, with the only catch being it has to be on installments.

0 Likes
Hamdroid
Enthusiast - Level 3

Thanks, all. My G3 became completely unusable today, so I decided that with the 2nd year free warranty, to go for the G6, as I've been very happy with the G3.   Thanks for the AT&T tip, but my house is kind of a dead spot for AT&T service, plus I also get a discount at Verizon (one of those corporate partners things).  In the 3 hours I've owned it, I'm very pleased, love the screen/display, adjusting to Android 7,  very easy to restore data/apps etc using LG Backup and Restore (previous to my G3 dying I'd made all sorts of backups in different formats, including LG Backup onto my SD card, so a snap to restore, and this way kept all the associated data unlike downloading from scratch), love that it still has a headphone jack, and also the water and dust resistance. Definitely better clarity on the voice calls.   Fingers crossed on the bootloop issue. 

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

Don't forget to register!

0 Likes
Hamdroid
Enthusiast - Level 3

Thanks, already done.  I was up *late* last night registering, transferring, etc.   Realized how much I like the solid feel of the phone - I bought a case and tempered glass screen protector, and with those it fits my hand perfectly.  Only thing I'm having to get used to is the moving of the volume buttons from the back to the side, really like having them on the back, readily reachable with either hand.

0 Likes
Hamdroid
Enthusiast - Level 3

BTW, I have 3 dogs also 🙂

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

Like potato chips.  Lol!   Can't have just one.

Hamdroid
Enthusiast - Level 3

Just over one week and I am LOVING this phone!   My only regret is that my G3 decided to die when it did, or I might have gone for the V30, but such is life.   We'll see if any ugly stuff rears its head going forward.